Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to copy texts to PC

Options
  • 04-07-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi All,
    How do I (or can I) transfer texts from my mobile to a file on my PC?.
    I have about 200 texts, both sent and recieved, that I need to save for future reference/proof. Both phone and PC are quite old, about 7 years, I've tried to transfer the texts, but the PC and the phone don't seem to see each other. I don't have the disks for the phone or the PC anymore, How can I get them to connect? Hope someone can help as this is really important to me.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Whats the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Its a Motorola, I can't remember the series/name, its about 7yrs old, any advice would be great, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

Take the battery out and look for the ID tag, the model number should be on there.

Otherwise, look for the IMEI number. Type *#06# and it will appear on your screen.
    Once you have this, go to http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/showUnitSearch.do and type in the 15 digit number to find the model.

Once you have the model number, then google for the software, e.g Motorola T720 software

You should be in business..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

I'll try that, Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure if this is any help to you as i olny tried with nokia phones, but the nokia pc software allowed you to browse the phone when connected to pc.

you could then just drag and drop the messages to the pc, and open them with note pad, problem for me was the messages where named by phone number i think.

There was a great free program i used called abc amber converter , which would convert the messages to a word file or even pdf etc and sort the messages by conversation / person / time's

You should be able to get the software to connect the phone from the manufacturer www

• Advertisement
Advertisement