Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some French woman has a problem with The Irish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

Wow that's one bitter woman, I wish people wouln't put down the French though just to retaliate to her xenophobic remarks.
    I have been living in France for a few years now and most French people do love Ireland. We have a long history with the country, from the Wild Geese to the 1798 rebellion.
    Don't let one persons bile affect how you perceive other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

latchyco wrote: »
    Two french warships floating around in Dublin bay till monday .

Obiously just coincidence ....yes ,of course ....phew

I for one ..............................

Where's me beret?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lissoy

Her husband must have a small c*ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Lissoy wrote: »
    Her husband must have a small c*ck

Or none at all.....maybe he uses interpretive dance instead??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I thought the French loved The Irish.

I reckon this woman's problem probably lies with her Irish husband of 32 years, not the entire Irish planetary contingent.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/the-world-does-not-love-the-irish-1479352.html

Sunday September 21 2008

Sir -- With reference to Brendan O'Connor's page one article: 'No More Mr (Irish) Nice Guy' (Sunday Independent, September 14, 2008), Mr Paddy, sorry for disappointing you, but, no, not everyone likes you.

As a matter of fact, it is pretty amazing how disliked the Irish are.

Of course, this is not said aloud as it is not politically correct. (French and German are the only two nationalities one can hate openly). Anyway as I was saying, keep dreaming.

The great craic: where, when, how, who?

Did I miss anything these last 30-odd years? I never see any craic with the Paddies. I agree, you sincerely believe you've got it, but noooooooo, wrong again. Only when you're binge-drinking do you dare open your mouth. And then, it is to talk total rubbish. You are loud, that's for sure. Well, one is Irish, so, one must pretend to be enjoying oneself. The usual topic is -- God, we are great!!!! Everybody loves us. (Please God, let it be true!).

Your accent? Well, first of all, like in any country, there are different accents. But again, no, no, no, no -- the Irish accent is vile! Last month, I was in Ireland for a week. As soon as I arrived in Dublin and was surrounded by that awful noise coming out of the mouths around me, I wondered how would I be able to last that long. For sure, to wake up next to someone with such an accent must be some anti-climax! Give me the south east English accent anytime. But Irish?

It is a fact that the Irish are totally ignorant regarding the cultures of thousands of beautiful countries and regions all over the world. Most of those cultures include story-telling, playing music, singing. But , again, silly us, we forgot, only the Irish sing and play music .... How many times do you want to hear the boooooooring Danny song?

So Mr Paddy, I've been married to an Irishman for 32 years. I know the Irish history (I made sure I read the books), I know what Ireland was like 30 years ago, I know the mentality of the Irish, I know everything about you all. And it is not very pretty.

The chip on the shoulder? Well, you have one on each shoulder, for balance. And that stops you from rising up. You see the other nationalities, (let's take the French and the German you hate so much) they are very secure about themselves and they are bloody right about it. So, they don't care what anybody thinks about them. I am French (ho la la, a frog!) and the one thing I am proud of is that in France, unlike in Ireland, we are very curious about other nationalities.

My origins are in Brittany. Brittany -- where people do not like the Irish. Why? Because you are ignorant. You are the ones who are not interested in other cultures. The Scottish and the Welsh are loved in Brittany, Why? Because they are interested in all those people coming to the festivals from all over the world to introduce us to their culture. But you? Forget it.

Even when it comes to business in France, you are known as not trustworthy. A lot of bull****, yes!

When I was in sales in London, the Irish clients were the easiest to get. Why? Just telling them, "I am married to an Irishman" was sufficient to get the appointment/the deal. They all thought they were loved. Idiots! Sometimes I even found it too easy.

I have a friend who is the director of a recruitment agency for hotel industry management. Well, guess what? Irish women are the most difficult to place. Why? Because they are vile. They believe that being a good manager is to bully people. Very Irish!

Irish friends? No, it does not exist. I am not saying there are no nice Irish people. But friendship can be difficult among people who begrudge the success of their neighbour. (Don't deny it, even the Irish say it themselves). For whatever reason, you are obsessed with money. In France, we consider it vulgar to talk about money.

So, to your last comment, that everybody likes you when you are rich, let me tell you something. No matter what, Paddy, and don't forget it, no amount of money will hide the smell of dung which will always stick to your magnificent boots wherever you'll go.

And next time, don't mix up "patronising you" with "liking you".

A nationality is just an accident of birth, which means that when people say, for example: "I am proud of being Irish", it is an absurdity. We do nothing in order to have a nationality. And to be proud of something, you must achieve something, work at it, like when you succeed at your exams.

But for sure, I am very happy to be French. Thank God for that accident of birth. How awful to think I could have been born Irish! Italian, Spanish, yes. But Irish! And maybe that is why deep down you're so afraid of not being liked. You realise yourself how pathetic you are.

As for the accent of my husband, he has a great musical ear, and maybe that is why he has hardly any Irish accent. Lucky me!

Anyway, keep dreaming.

PS: All the people I know from Italy, France, Poland, etc are French, Italian, Polish. Nobody calls himself/herself European. Nobody.

Name and address with Editor

seems like someone got f***** over one too many times... or maybe she burned her bread stick.... too much salt on her snails ??

But for sure, I am very happy to be French. Thank God for that accident of birth. How awful to think I could have been born Irish!

At least she seems to know she was an accidental birth!!! That apology from Durex instead of a birth cert must take pride of place on her wall.

How awful to think I could have been born French!! Instead of enjoying my weekend in the pub, I could be sitting beside a canal eating croissants, drinking black coffee and talking ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭cabinteelytom

'oh, the gift that God would gie us, to see oursels as others see us';( by Robbie Burns).
    I am grateful to this woman for a little reality check. Though there must be some doubts about the validity of her observations. On these boards anyway, her views seem curiously unsupported ( where are our 'self-hating Irishmen'?; do they never get out of the pubs?). I think she has a grain of truth.
    Many of us are shocking bores, we are often bitterly divided (even incapable of collective action) and to many foreigners from countries with officially promoted 'nationalism', lacking qualities we proudly own in common. Try adding a long self-regarding list to the phrase,'The Irishman is....'
    I don't recognise her untravelled and uncurious about other nationalities stereotypes at all. Where has she been?
    We've had 15-20 years of being ethnically cuddly and got good press from 'Braveheart' to 'Titanic', our comedians have strode the stages and studios like colossi etc; but that's an exception to a long-standing historical trend, and we should be braced to be more critically and hostily perceived in future; and prepared to concede, on occasions, 'You might be right'.

'oh, the gift that God would gie us, to see oursels as others see us';( by Robbie Burns).
    I am grateful to this woman for a little reality check. Though there must be some doubts about the validity of her observations. On these boards anyway, her views seem curiously unsupported ( where are our 'self-hating Irishmen'?; do they never get out of the pubs?). I think she has a grain of truth.
    Many of us are shocking bores, we are often bitterly divided (even incapable of collective action) and to many foreigners from countries with officially promoted 'nationalism', lacking qualities we proudly own in common. Try adding a long self-regarding list to the phrase,'The Irishman is....'
    I don't recognise her untravelled and uncurious about other nationalities stereotypes at all. Where has she been?
    We've had 15-20 years of being ethnically cuddly and got good press from 'Braveheart' to 'Titanic', our comedians have strode the stages and studios like colossi etc; but that's an exception to a long-standing historical trend, and we should be braced to be more critically and hostily perceived in future; and prepared to concede, on occasions, 'You might be right'.

I don't think she should be given any credit at all. If it was worded differently, she may have raised some valid points, but all that she did was spit vitriol.

I don't percieve Ireland to be "ethically cuddly" - thats how its portrayed to those outside Ireland for tourism of course.Its common knowledge that visitors to Ireland always comment on how friendly the people are here. How many people can honestly say that about France? I've been twice and although the entire population of France can't be tarred with the same brush, the people I've met on both occasions were indeed an ignorant bunch.

I've re-read her letter a few times and I still can't get over the urge to hunt her down and slap some sense into her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

That was a crazy little rant, what kind of a gob****e would actually sit down and write that nonsense??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

luketitz wrote: »
    That was a crazy little rant, what kind of a gob****e would actually sit down and write that nonsense??!

Yeah, we need to see her in a public forum just to prove to us that such a twisted bitter idiot actually exists.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

Gas how xenophobia is considered acceptable by some Irish... as long as it's directed towards ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

seahorse wrote: »
    Gas how xenophobia is considered acceptable by some Irish... as long as it's directed towards ourselves.
    Like who? If this is directed to me, since i was the one to bring up xenophobia, then no. I disagree with the woman, but i also disagree with the retaliatory comments about where she's from. its pot kettle stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

We shouldn't be giving this idiot any more of our time TBH. Angry woman insulted by stupid Brendan O'Connor article...responds the only way she knows how. Let's move on. Who's with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Hagar wrote: »
    If she's wrong, she's not far wrong.

^What he said.
    It's her hate-filled, barely coherent style that lets the letter down if anything tbh.
    Other than that there's a fair bit of truth in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

seahorse wrote: »
    LOL tis true , the people the irish are most intolorant of are the irish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I think it's really ironic that people are using generalizations about the French to try and debunk generalizations about the Irish.

Absolutely.
    There's a lot of indignation in this thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cleveland brown

tech77 wrote: »
    ^What he said.
    It's her hate-filled, barely coherent style that lets the letter down if anything tbh.
    Other than that there's a fair bit of truth in it.

No no there is not. Hagar is a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

zuroph wrote: »
    Like who? If this is directed to me, since i was the one to bring up xenophobia, then no. I disagree with the woman, but i also disagree with the retaliatory comments about where she's from. its pot kettle stuff.

This is a very long thread zuroph, and I haven’t even read your previous comments, so no, my remark wasn’t directed at you. I'd be inclined to agree with what you say here though, in that retaliatory anti-French sentiment is mindless and pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

In France they also consider it "vulgar" to pronounce a single french word incorrectly. She thinks you have to work at something to be proud of it? So all those times my parents said THEY were proud of something I worked to achieve they were lying!!!!! My entire childhood has been a lie!!! Thank you france for opening my eyes!!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Nalced_irl wrote: »
    In France they also consider it "vulgar" to pronounce a single french word incorrectly.
    Not vulgar really, ignorant in the sense of un-educated would be more accurate.
    If you get the pronunciation/accents on word wrong you change the meaning completely a bit like in Irish where "Fear" is man and "Féar" is grass. If you get one word wrong in a sentence the meaning can probably be guessed. Get several wrong and you are talking gibberish.

How do you view East Europeans speaking Pidgin English? With disdain, I expect. Why expect the French to view foreigners stumbling through their language to feel any differently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bootlace

I think at this stage, we should be more secure in our country than to worry too much about what other nations think of us. Do you think it bothers the English or French how unpopular they are?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

DarkJager wrote: »
    How awful to think I could have been born French!! Instead of enjoying my weekend in the pub, I could be sitting beside a canal eating croissants, drinking black coffee and talking ****.

Isn't that Holland?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wow... The French are so perfect aren't they? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

How do you view East Europeans speaking Pidgin English? With disdain, I expect. Why expect the French to view foreigners stumbling through their language to feel any differently?

I don't know about other people but when I hear an eastern European stumbling through a sentence in English, I don't view them with disdain. I'm just embarrassed that they can express themselves at all in another language while I cannot.

I used to speak some French+Spanish but I always felt a bit self conscious when using it around French/Spanish people. So eventually I stopped since their English was far superior to my French/Spanish. A Polish guy with broken English no doubt knows that his English is not up to scratch. The fact that he still uses it and manages to gets his point across is impressive. Anyone who would view them with disdain for that has some xenophobic issues imo.

bootlace wrote: »
    I think at this stage, we should be more secure in our country than to worry too much about what other nations think of some idiot say about us. Do you think it bothers the English or French how unpopular they are?

Fixed! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

At least Irish women wash their gees!

20goto10 wrote: »
    At least Irish women wash their gees!

Hmmm.... "washing your gee" as you so eloquently put it is commonly known as a vaginal douche. Note that douche is a French word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Heh. The French don't even have a word for Douche :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Woah, that's one angry lady.

I hate the French and Germans? That's news to me :rolleyes:

Me too.

I quite like the French and Germans actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

That's the bit I don't get, I think she must be confusing us with the English who seem to hate all of their near neighbours and call them endearing names like the jocks, the paddies, the frogs, the hun, and so on..

If anything, we've a FAR better relationship with France and Germany than the English (note, I don't want to include the Scots, Welsh or anyone else who happens to be in the UK in that).

• Advertisement

Solair wrote: »
    That's the bit I don't get, I think she must be confusing us with the English who seem to hate all of their near neighbours and call them endearing names like the jocks, the paddies, the frogs, the hun, and so on..

If anything, we've a FAR better relationship with France and Germany than the English (note, I don't want to include the Scots, Welsh or anyone else who happens to be in the UK in that).

These are terms of affection. If there was any hatred of the neighbours, the Anglo-Saxon expletives would be used instead, mainly the one beginning with "c". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

i felt compelled to register with boards in order to tell people that this letter was a fake. The previous week Brendan O'connor wrote an anti-EU article then lo and behold we get a letter from an anonymous Frenchwoman who insults Irish people in the most utterly ridiculous ways. Why French? one because they were one of the two major founding members of the EU, secondly because they have been an adversary of the Anglo-American alliance that capitalists capitalists such as Sir Anthony O'Reilly and David McWilliams want to position us in and thirdly they are the major advocate of the Lisbon Treaty. I would guess this letter was written by one of the staff at the Sunday Independent with the assistance of O'Connor. Only O'Connor could come up with this juvenile Mr.Paddy rubbish. Don't allow yourself to rise to the bait of their anti-European propaganda. How old is this woman? at least in her fifties but she uses the language of an illiterate twenty year old from Dublin. She uses language of hate against us and then associates the French nation with numerous other European countries, except Britain. To say French people don't consider themselves European is utter rubbish.It is obvious that the major industrialists see our role outside the EU where they can control a government policies and tax rates. It is sad when the biggest news group in Ireland is nothing but a mouthpiece for big business(witness Eoghan Harris in the last general election. PS. I don't have much interest in politics but i hate the way the Independent group are manipulating people.

ghiertal wrote: »
    i felt compelled to register with boards in order to tell people that this letter was a fake. The previous week Brendan O'connor wrote an anti-EU article then lo and behold we get a letter from an anonymous Frenchwoman who insults Irish people in the most utterly ridiculous ways. Why French? one because they were one of the two major founding members of the EU, secondly because they have been an adversary of the Anglo-American alliance that capitalists capitalists such as Sir Anthony O'Reilly and David McWilliams want to position us in and thirdly they are the major advocate of the Lisbon Treaty. I would guess this letter was written by one of the staff at the Sunday Independent with the assistance of O'Connor. Only O'Connor could come up with this juvenile Mr.Paddy rubbish. Don't allow yourself to rise to the bait of their anti-European propaganda. How old is this woman? at least in her fifties but she uses the language of an illiterate twenty year old from Dublin. She uses language of hate against us and then associates the French nation with numerous other European countries, except Britain. To say French people don't consider themselves European is utter rubbish.It is obvious that the major industrialists see our role outside the EU where they can control a government policies and tax rates. It is sad when the biggest news group in Ireland is nothing but a mouthpiece for big business(witness Eoghan Harris in the last general election. PS. I don't have much interest in politics but i hate the way the Independent group are manipulating people.

Good first post. I was thinking this myself but didn't want to spoil the fun people were having. I'd say you're dead right.

Maybe Independent news represent the views of the majority of the country. Europe has made their views of Irish people quite clear. Saying we rejected the Lisbon treaty because we couldn't read it or because we are against abortion. Dumb f*cking paddy's. The transatlantic alliance is where we belong. We have so much in common with the US and dare I say it even the UK. We have absolutely nothing in common with mainland Europe. Who wants women with hairy armpits?

20goto10 wrote: »
    The transatlantic alliance is where we belong. We have so much in common with the US and dare I say it even the UK. We have absolutely nothing in common with mainland Europe. Who wants women with hairy armpits?

Yeah those continental women are UGGGG-LY! Give me a nice American girl any day.

[NSFW]http://www.guzer.com/pictures/europe_vs_usa.jpg[/NSFW]

A couple of hundred post back, I did suggest that the Indo prove that it wasn't a fake, but they obviously declined. I think that pretty much everyone here doubts its authenticity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Jaysus, I don't know who this poor Paddy fella is but he must have shat in her cornflakes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

i dont have any problem with us leaving the EU however i do have a problem with racism. O'Connor letter was designed to whip up anti-european sentiment in a Goebbels like fashion. If you want Fox news type media in this country then thats your opinion. I don't.in the past few weeks we have seen a major banking crisis emerge in the US, if our banks were more closely tied with American financial institutions and if we had left the European monetary system thenm with when any problems arose we would not have the ECB to help us out. Do you think the Americans and British would?

i dont have any problem with us leaving the EU however i do have a problem with racism. O'Connor letter was designed to whip up anti-european sentiment in a Goebbels like fashion. If you want Fox news type media in this country then thats your opinion. I don't.in the past few weeks we have seen a major banking crisis emerge in the US, if our banks were more closely tied with American financial institutions and if we had left the European monetary system thenm with when any problems arose we would not have the ECB to help us out. Do you think the Americans and British would?

The ECB has helped us out?? Nonsense. They lowered interest rates when we needed them highered and highered them when we need them lowered.

• Advertisement

i dont have any problem with us leaving the EU however i do have a problem with racism. O'Connor letter was designed to whip up anti-european sentiment in a Goebbels like fashion. If you want Fox news type media in this country then thats your opinion. I don't.in the past few weeks we have seen a major banking crisis emerge in the US, if our banks were more closely tied with American financial institutions and if we had left the European monetary system thenm with when any problems arose we would not have the ECB to help us out. Do you think the Americans and British would?[/QUOTE]

Why would they anyway? All countries with dodgy banks seem to be bailing themselves out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

But you cannot prove a word of what you posted here. Do you work for Denis O Brien? Your veiled attempt at a comparison between Reilly and Goebbells is a sham and you sir should be ashamed of yourself !

The conspiricy theory forum is thata way ,,,,<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Now, can we get back to the smelly gee jokes? ;)

Ghiertal, I also thought it reeked of 'fake', and I've seen many posts suggesting that also. I've been all over Europe, and I've never met anyone who gave two damns about Ireland, let alone knew the first thing about the place.

The anti-lisbon, anti-Europe movement ARE there, behind the scenes, doing their best to sway our opinions. They probably sense another Lisbon vote approaching, and want to make sure we are all as anti-European as we can be. I've seen one or two 'questionable' Metro letters. There's no conspiracy here though. It's simply a case of one side V the other. People who speak of 'conspiracies' at the first whiff of talk about people wanting to influence opinion, don't belong in a serious discussion TBH [EDIT: Yeah I know sometimes it's tongue-in-cheek as well]. I think it's only common sense ,also, to assume that people register on boards for the aforementioned reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

longshanks wrote: »
    unshaven cheese eating surrender monkey

No, that's proving right most of her points silly billy.

I am french folks, all i can say is that this article is a pile of crap, none of what she says is in my view true and I have been living here for 10 years now.

I would even go further and defend some points like "I never see any craic with the Paddies", well ... still have few friends in France who i am still in contact with and I can tell you that the "craic" in France stops when you reach the age of 25. No more going out after this! Or "Brittany -- where people do not like the Irish", i am from Brittany myself and I can guarantee you that most of the French tourist in Ireland would be from there (Thats why Ryanair has a route direct to Nantes now actually) for the simple reason that they LOVE Ireland :D

She is just a lost soul, let her rant and go back to boring France ;)

Orizio wrote: »
    Probably, half of the French spent their time helping the Germans, rather then, you know, being honourable and shooting at the Nazi's. Considering how the French government acts these days, and their apparent hate for free speech or enligthenment values, well hell its like the fascists never left...:P

And you are a moderator on Boards.ie? I have to say this is rather shocking comments. OK so you are pissed off at this article ... Starting to bring up facism and this sort of rubbish isnt going to help your case my friend ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

ZeRoY wrote: »
    And you are a moderator on Boards.ie? I have to say this is rather shocking comments. OK so you are pissed off at this article ... Starting to bring up facism and this sort of rubbish isnt going to help your case my friend ...

I would say take a pinch of salt with most of the Anti-french replies. This is after hours after all ;)

The same jokes would be used if the letter was from an italian or spanish (the validity of the letter is questionable) writer.

be cool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I seriously doubt he was being serious. It was a light hearted replyso you should probably calm down a little.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

i am from Brittany myself and I can guarantee you that most of the French tourist in Ireland would be from there (Thats why Ryanair has a route direct to Nantes now actually) for the simple reason that they LOVE Ireland :D

Nantes... in Brittany? That's a whole other boîte de vers right there :P

Nantes... in Brittany? That's a whole other boîte de vers right there :P

Raynair was also doing Dinard (in Britanny) - Dublin but stopped it. Where in my post do you see Nantes is in Brittany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Ghiertal, I also thought it reeked of 'fake', and I've seen many posts suggesting that also. I've been all over Europe, and I've never met anyone who gave two damns about Ireland, let alone knew the first thing about the place.

I find it really annoying the way some newspapers publish letters from anonymous contributors. Open to abuse, as you pointed out. If someone is willing to contribute to a discussion through the national media, I think they should be willing to stand over their arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

This letter looks familiar, I swear somebody has posted a rant similar to it on AH over the last few years. Harping on about how we think everyone loves us but really hates us etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement