Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epilepsy and car insurance

Options
  • 29-10-2014 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone have experience getting back to driving with epilepsy? I'm looking for some idea in what car insurance would cost. I'm over a year without seizures now, and I've re-applied for my full licence, I've got sign-off from my doctor, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

bozboz wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience getting back to driving with epilepsy? I'm looking for some idea in what car insurance would cost. I'm over a year without seizures now, and I've re-applied for my full licence, I've got sign-off from my doctor, etc.

Why did you have to reapply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I went with Aviva. I rang and got a quote, I then told them I had epilepsy and they didn't change their quote. just need the usual letter from consultant to say you can drive

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bozboz

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Why did you have to reapply?

I already had my full license before I was diagnosed, but it's gone out of date since then. I just need to re-apply for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bozboz

emzolita wrote: »
    I went with Aviva. I rang and got a quote, I then told them I had epilepsy and they didn't change their quote. just need the usual letter from consultant to say you can drive

I've heard good things about Aviva, I'll check them out. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

bozboz wrote: »
    I already had my full license before I was diagnosed, but it's gone out of date since then. I just need to re-apply for a new one.

Ah I see. I was diagnosed with epilepsy a while ago and was driving at the time. The doctor said that I couldn't drive for a year. Thought you had to hand in the license or something. Let us know how you get on with Aviva, I'll say my current insurer will hammer me when I can drive again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement