Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom eFiber Contract

Options
  • 26-10-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

So in september I called up eircom to upgrade myself to eFiber.

eFiber has nothing been but a pain. I've called up eircom numerous times straight after the upgrade regarding my speed issues. I've had an engineer down to my house also and still I get rubbish speeds.

You can see my chat with eircom on boards here http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057306579

Is there anyway I could get out of the contract legally ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

just read your eircom thread, glad i'm not with them.

You should report this to comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

johndoe99 wrote: »
    just read your eircom thread, glad i'm not with them.

You should report this to comreg.

What exactly in that discourse with eircom warrants a report to Comreg?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

doctorg wrote: »

eFiber has nothing been but a pain. I've called up eircom numerous times straight after the upgrade regarding my speed issues. I've had an engineer down to my house also and still I get rubbish speeds.

You can see my chat with eircom on boards here http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057306579

Have you tested the connection via a LAN Cable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭doctorg

Have you tested the connection via a LAN Cable ?

Yes, I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Yes, I have.

I connected an Ethernet cable once because the tinterweb was sh1te and it made fcuk all difference. My young lad slapped me round the back of the head and said I had to change the settings to accept the cable. It was grand after that :o

You did try that, didn't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭doctorg

emeldc wrote: »
    I connected an Ethernet cable once because the tinterweb was sh1te and it made fcuk all difference. My young lad slapped me round the back of the head and said I had to change the settings to accept the cable. It was grand after that :o

You did try that, didn't you?

Lol yes, I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Yes, I have.

Are you running off an extension in the house or at the point where eircom installed it in the house ?

Is there any other phones / devices plugged in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

I would completely agree that Eircom has possibly the worst service I have ever encountered! Anyone reading this take it as a warning. This is not just a rant and I'll be happy to share my details/experience with anyone interested.

The main issue was not supplying what I ordered (eFiber & eVision), then not honoring the original deal. Then when I cancelled within the 14 day cancellation period they charged me and deducted from my account. The cancellation process took 2 calls (one 48 minutes). I've rang 3 times to get a refund of the money they took - and believe it or not on the last call they explained to me that I hadn't cancelled within the period and needed to go through the process of writing a letter etc. In my own opinion they were dishonest and I believe intentionally negligent in dealing with my cancellation and refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Jesper - please post on topic. If you have a general complaint about eircom, please create your own thread for advice, or post in the Best/Wost Customer Service thread.

OP - If you feel that you have exhausted all avenues to fix the problem, then I'd write to eircom, formally requesting the contract to be cancelled. Outline the reason why, and illustrate the steps taken to resolve the issue. I'd also contact Comreg to ask for their advice on this.

Advertisement