Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Britain - Stage 5.....contains unmasked spoilers

Options
  • 11-09-2014 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭

So this should be another exciting aggressive stage...hope teams go for it on haytor...need to do soemthing to wrestle it from Kwai

ITV4 & Eurosport at 1.15pm

14090419403-hoehenprofil-tour-of-britain-2014---etappe-5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

ITV seem to think Wiggo can still win it.....wishful thinking I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MPFG wrote: »
    ITV seem to think Wiggo can still win it.....wishful thinking I think

well it is ITV

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Strong ride from Archbold of Chain Reaction. still waiting for my skyspports tracker to update on Roche

Roche I assumed finished in the main bunch after another attack

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

15yjno.png

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    Roche I assumed finished in the main bunch after another attack

He was 7th or 8th

maybe he should go for sprinting instead :D

They should have helped Garmin earlier ...madness

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fair play to Nico I suppose for attacking on the climb. But it just wasn't that steep and Kwiatkowski et al. were all on their toes.

15yjno.png

is roche still 4th overall?

Yes ...still 4th ...on same time as 3rd place BMC rider

If there was a long climb in this he have a chance of a win IMO

Fair play to Nico I suppose for attacking on the climb. But it just wasn't that steep and Kwiatkowski et al. were all on their toes.

ITV ask Kwaiatkowski if he has to worry about Roche
    He said he had to worry about the breakawy & all riders & Wiggins

So subtext would suggest he is not that botthered about Nico's attacks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Hate to spit in the soup but ah...... anyone else finding this Tour of Britain a bit....well.... boring?
    Roche's digs have been good in the last few k but generally, I dunno what it is exactly, but I can't keep my finger away from the fast forward button :(

I'm pretty sure the commentary is not helping. I'm much more content to watch the Vuelta roll along at normal playback speed.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Hate to spit in the soup but ah...... anyone else finding this Tour of Britain a bit....well.... boring?
    Roche's digs have been good in the last few k but generally, I dunno what it is exactly, but I can't keep my finger away from the fast forward button :(

I'm pretty sure the commentary is not helping. I'm much more content to watch the Vuelta roll along at normal playback speed.

Yes the commentary has a lot to do with it....very boring and uneventful...wrote to ITV about making it more interactive
    Of course the Vuelta has the big riders and the summit finishes....
    Maybe 6 riders doesn't allow for much off the front attacking either

Sky or some team should do something to open the race up and start racing earlier....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lads get on the eurosport coverage, Matt and Magnus are fantastic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's boring because it's the Tour of Britain. I.e. a 2nd rate race for cyclists too chicken to embrace the epicness of la Vuelta.:)

In all seriousness though, what's with the timing? If you want to engage people in a week long tour, why put it on at the same time as a Grand Tour? Same goes for the Tour of California.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement