Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby movements.

Options
  • 16-04-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

My wife is 30 weeks pregnant. What sort of movements are normal or does it vary from mother mother. Herself is getting kicks all day long with no let up at all!!. Even when she wakes up at night she gets a kick. Does the baby sleep at all!!!. It is our first so I am a bit curious!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I believe a baby in utero has sleep-wake cycles of approximately 20 minutes so it may seem like the baby never sleeps as 20 minutes in grown up time isn't that long at all!

Lots of movement is great and should be really reassuring to you. Don't be too surprised if movements slow down towards the end of the pregnancy when space becomes restricted and baby simply doesn't have room to move! Anything less then 10 movements in an hour and you should go to your maternity unit to be checked out.

Hope this helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thanks for that. I didnt realise they moved so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I wouldnt worry about it moving so much, that's a good thing, it's when you get 'quiet days' that the panic sets in and your mind runs away with all sorts of thoughts! I have had one or two quieter days over the past while and they are not nice! This little one knows how to panic me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Winnie wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry about it moving so much, that's a good thing, it's when you get 'quiet days' that the panic sets in and your mind runs away with all sorts of thoughts! I have had one or two quieter days over the past while and they are not nice! This little one knows how to panic me!

I know. Our one didnt even give one move all last sunday and we nearly went mad. She was very quiet as well yesterday for some reason but she is a pure mad thing every other day.

She must believe in Sunday being the day of rest..:)

Advertisement