Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptopsdirect.ie hp 550

Options
  • 01-10-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Has anyone had problems with laptopsdirect.ie been invoiced with sterling price when it clearly adverstised on their website euro price?
    I ordered a hp 550 laptop couple weeks ago and only noticed they charged me sterling price after checking credit card .This surely is not allowed on any consumer website .I called twice and they just give me drivvel that it was sterling price i ordered it at .I should have taken a screen grab of laptop in the box opened bargains section with price they listed .Its been a week now and no correspondence back giving me refund of difference of euro and stg price .I had a problem couple months ago also where I ordered a laptop and then got phone call to say it was out of stock took me 4 weeks to get refund as they taken money from my credit card .I just think some of these online retailers are running a scam crossing the line where they see fit hoping people won't be bothered to complain what rights have I got as with hp 550 laptop I was overcharged 70 euro because they invoiced me in stg .

yours truly ,
    Disgruntled

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

ECOLOGICAL wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems with laptopsdirect.ie been invoiced with sterling price when it clearly adverstised on their website euro price?
    I ordered a hp 550 laptop couple weeks ago and only noticed they charged me sterling price after checking credit card .This surely is not allowed on any consumer website .I called twice and they just give me drivvel that it was sterling price i ordered it at .I should have taken a screen grab of laptop in the box opened bargains section with price they listed .Its been a week now and no correspondence back giving me refund of difference of euro and stg price .I had a problem couple months ago also where I ordered a laptop and then got phone call to say it was out of stock took me 4 weeks to get refund as they taken money from my credit card .I just think some of these online retailers are running a scam crossing the line where they see fit hoping people won't be bothered to complain what rights have I got as with hp 550 laptop I was overcharged 70 euro because they invoiced me in stg .

yours truly ,
    Disgruntled

i ordered the same laptop from them back in february and received it no problems at the stated price, the only problem i had was that the code to activate microsoft was incorrect, still have not gotten it sorted, just need to call microsoft but have been too busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

I think the customer service and response to complaints from laptopsdirect is far too slow theyre disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

They are known for very bad customer services.....such a pity.

Just said id let people know as follow up to my original post after another 2 communications with helpdesk I never received a refund of approx 70 euro .I suggest anyone buying off laptopsdirect take screengrab of any listed laptop showing euro price and email it to laptopsdirect before purchase confirming price from laptopsdirect staff and get email from staff member confirming price .Charging in stg when price was listed in euro is scam and everyone likes prices on laptopsdirect so i still have no problems buying from them but be clever with your purchase thats all I say get proper confirmation of price in euro and also watch out with them with callback stating they have none in stock and then say they have issued refund and haven't i had this with laptopsdirect as well few months back .
    Remember knowledge is power ,the truth is always the truth ! :)
    have fun out there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Is this really what you want from a retailer? To literally hound them for the right price in your own currency?

And that's assuming you don't have a problem with the laptop itself when you get it....

The more I hear about these clowns, the more I distrust them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Is this really what you want from a retailer? To literally hound them for the right price in your own currency?

My thoughts exactly. One of the best things about buying online is the sheer lack of effort involved. All it takes is a few clicks, you might have to get up out of the chair to get your credit card. Having to do all that just so you know you are paying the price you see on the site is utter bollocks. Even doing all that won't stop them charging you extra, it just means you have some comeback when they do.
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    The more I hear about these clowns, the more I distrust them.

You and me both. A few years back a friend bought a laptop of them. Thankfully he has had no problems with it but I hate tot think what he'd have to go through if he had. I helped him pick the laptop and the only reason I choose these guys was because it was a good price. If anyone asks me about recommending a laptop, the first thing I'll tell them is to stay away from this crowd.

Ok thanks folks for your input to debate ,seen as there is a consensus on instability of purchase from laptopsdirect are there any other sites out there besides Dell or Dell affilliates who offer prices like laptopsdirect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

dabs.ie are better than Komplett.ie or Elara.ie when it comes to laptop prices.
    I've bought an eee pc 1000h and a samsung 310 this year off dabs.ie and their prices were very close with laptopsdirect.ie only around €20 -30 more but cheaper than the aforementioned elara & komplett
    I didn't go with laptops direct.ie cause of the complaints here about them.
    Have never had an issue with dabs.ie then again I've never had a fault with a product purchased from them so I've never used their customer/technical service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ekissane

Not so sure about dabs.ie either. I had to wait 3 weeks before I got my printer from them even though it was meant to be in stock. And when I tried to complain lo and behold there was no number to call and ended up playing text tennis online with some dabs moron who just didn't want to help. I find the best is elara.ie . Never had any problem with them and also they're Irish as far as I know.

Advertisement