Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food you dont seem to get anymore

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

Solero SNOTS more Like -
    Do they still make freaky Foot? :confused:

old+list.jpg

Bonanzas! Jesus, I used to cycle two miles down to the shop as a young lad to get my hands on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

J.R Icepops were the best ever, followed by fat frogs , I still hanker after a JR , also I have never forgiven HB for changing the taste and size of the loop the loop about 10 yrs ago , they remain second rate still , why the hell do they do this !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Oops69 wrote: »
    J.R Icepops were the best ever, followed by fat frogs , I still hanker after a JR , also I have never forgiven HB for changing the taste and size of the loop the loop about 10 yrs ago , they remain second rate still , why the hell do they do this !

I think it was the backlash to artificial colours and flavourings. Certainly the lime part was never as green again once they used natural colourings!!

Loop the Loops are a mere shadow of their former selves unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its that plain little HB tub with the wooden spoon that I miss most of all :(

Whats that SKY bar in the centre of the righthand column though? That was never sold in Ireland was it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thargor wrote: »
    Its that plain little HB tub with the wooden spoon that I miss most of all :(

Whats that SKY bar in the centre of the righthand column though? That was never sold in Ireland was it?

I definitely had it in Ireland, I loved them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I definitely had it in Ireland, I loved them :)

I remember them too. The chocolate middle part was a bit like an aero.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

Jaysus, I forgot about Chilly Willys.. Grand for a young lad on a budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Cadbury's Spira bar

And of course, the Secret bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

pow wow wrote: »
    Cadbury's Spira bar

And of course, the Secret bar.

I loved Spira bars I had forgot about those! I loved chunky milkybars too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭anewme

brettmirl wrote: »
    I loved Two & Two Bars

Picture-22.png

My Dad worked for Urney which became HB Chocolates. We had millions of Two and Two bars, Catch Bars, Rovals (the Irish Equivalent of Rolos) and Beanos (The irish equivalent of Smarties)

Two and Two and Mint Catch were always my favourites. HB chocolates closed in 1979!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Vanilla(original) falvour Ben and Jerry's
    White maltesers!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi ballinasloex, we generally ask that people don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for more than 6 months. As there is a very similar, but active, thread running in After Hours right now (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057382563), I'm going to lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement