Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

giving up smoking/hypnotheraphy in pregnancy

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Was just wondering if anyone know's about getting hypnotheraphy in pregnancy to give up smoking, is it possible, does it give the same success rate as when not pregnant etc? Would appreciate any info or experience anyone has on this! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

It's not the same thing, but I used the Alan Carr method 3 months before I got pregnant on my first and I haven't smoked since. I can't see why hypnotherapy wouldn't work in pregnancy - there are lots of hypnobirthing programs for expectant mums so using hypnotherapy generally in pregnancy is certainly safe. It might actually help with giving up smoking, the incentives are higher.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I finally managed to quit on the Paul McKenna stop smoking hypnosis. And i had tried everything- patches, inhaler, cold turkey, gum - you name it. I put the paul mckenna on my ipod and im coming up on 4 years off them with minimal effort.

Best of luck quitting!

Advertisement