Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds

Options
  • 12-12-2004 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I never eat in McDonalds and consider the food fake, but I'm dying with a cold and its the only food I can get at work.

Any suggestions on what is safe and tasty to eat there?

edit* damm too slow... big mac meal it is.. wtf is that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

If you ever end up there again get a mc'chicken sandwich meal. Its quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Why didn't you get one of their salads. They're healthy.
    A fact lots of people like to throw around is that there's more fat in the salads than a big mac. Thats only if you put one of the dressings on, and plus the salad is a meal in itself, big macs are only part of a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KlodaX wrote:
    I consider the food fake

Nah its definately real, i saw a chicken nugget last week.

sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I shudder at the fact I used to consume fast food with abandon. Then I saw super size me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had some kind of mega mac meal some time ago for about 6-7 euros. It was impossible to find somewhere else at the time, and it had been so long I found myself wondering why I vowed never to eat there. It was edible enough, I suppose, if you make yourself forget what real burgers taste like.

Personally, with my opinions revalidated, I would have just suffered the cold AND the hunger...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Mc Donalds is vile. I have never eaten in a McDonalds joint ever since I read "Fast Food Nation". It's enough to make yeh puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ninja Pirate

Start smoking and your'll never be hungry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mc Chicken Premiere, a regular burger and some curly fries to fill the gap and a strawberry shake.

mmmmMMMMMMM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

it was 'ok' ... but that was because I have a cold and any sort of warm food really was good. Saying that I felt like sh*t afterwards. I'm alergic to monosodium gulimate ... or however you spell it. I looked like I was pregnant and little red dots appeared all over my tummy. Had proper dinner last night.. yum.

I will NEVER be eating from Manky Dees again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

KlodaX wrote:
    it was 'ok' ... but that was because I have a cold and any sort of warm food really was good. Saying that I felt like sh*t afterwards. I'm alergic to monosodium gulimate ... or however you spell it. I looked like I was pregnant and little red dots appeared all over my tummy. Had proper dinner last night.. yum.

I will NEVER be eating from Manky Dees again.

Jaysus you sound like a laugh a minute type, I'm alergic to this, I'm alergic to that. You single ?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i heard some bad stories about the "sauces " used in that place , eww makes me sick thinkin about it , i guess the chips could`nt be too dodgy though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    i guess the chips could`nt be too dodgy though .

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

i would go to the mac donald just for the sunday chocolat. not really hearthly but damn good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Would you not make your own lunch and bring it into work with you?

Even get some cup-a-soups - dont go near Mc Donalds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Mc Chicken sandwich

battery.jpg
    =
    mcchicken%20sandwich_jpg.jpg

Hmmm Tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Big macs taste lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

get ice cream :D mc flurry, if your throat is sore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I think we all really like McDonalds but won't admit it :)

I hate what they are about, the food is piss poor quality, but at the end of the day a big mac does taste nice, shrug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

okay im not a fan of mcd's but sometimes have to go cos its easy.
    this is a bit off the thread but wtf i'd like to nominate MCdonalds express in Northside S.c Theeee worlds worst macdonalds

any thoughts anyone...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

kfc fukin owns mc donalds any day of the week, though the one nearest me is a bit of a hole, some lovley clean ones around tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I was at the Belgard Road one today and somebody puked. It was gross. But i was dying fora Big Mac so we just sat far away from puke. It was loverly. mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

KFC is better alright, tasty twisters, mmmm.
    Still, nothing beats a good pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Someone mentioned cup-a-soups earlier, arguably better than eating at mcD's but did you know soups are extremely high in salt content, one of the highest among 'normal' items on an Irish diet - likewise baked beans (the tomato sauce part of the ensemble) and most condiments like ketchup and BBQ sauce.

Sure processed meat ain't great for you but a high salt diet does as much, if not more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,892 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Try some of the UCC campus kitchens soup. It's like seawater :(

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

I love McDonald's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This thread is over a decade old! If you want to chat about McDonalds best to start a new one.

mcdonalds-sign-zombie-apocolypse.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement