Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Micra-What's best?

• 24-01-2012 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

Looking to pick your brains and hoping this is the right place to do so.

I have a 99 micra that has pretty much been sitting idle outside the house for the last year or so as we mainly use the OH's car. It's got about 78k miles on it. NCT and tax are out on it and I've recently let the insurance lapse as I wasn't going to be using it imminently. It's in a reasonable condition - few small scratches. Seems to start no problem with a jump start so I'm presuming with a new battery it should start fine. Spurred on by the fact the we are shortly to move houses (and therefore the car must move!) I am trying to decide what is the best thing to do with it. I had always assumed I would hold onto it until I came to buying a new one and get rid of it then however I'm now thinking get rid of it now as it's not being used and not needed and replace it later when I decide it's necessary. My query is over the best course of action - having counted out trying to trade it in (as I'm thinking it would be of little interest to most dealers....is this a fair assessment?) I'm wondering is it worth trying to sell it (donedeal etc) - and presumably needing to NCT it in advance and at a minimum put in a new battery to do so. Or at this stage should I be just looking to sell for scrap or would I get anything for that. Just a bit puzzled as to what the best course of action would be so would appreciate any advice from those of you who know more than I do (which wouldn't be hard!!) :).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭questionquick

Get it roadworthy, sell it.

Or keep it as a spare car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Put a battery in it, get the NCT and sell it on. They are always popular as a first car (we bought one last year- 99' reg as well). You'd surely get more for it selling it than scrapping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

either
    1. put it on donedeal for small money as it is
    2. get it passed the nct and sell it for a few more euro
    3. keep it untill you need a car

only you can decide what to do op!!

Advertisement