Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nose Hair

• 13-04-2008 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Why do we need this? Unsightly or Distinguished?
    How do you get rid of yours, I pull mine with a tweezers which is fairly sore. Is there a better way....?
    Many questions, Few answers on this important topic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's just like cat's whiskers, they tell us if we can clear a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

electric nose hair trimmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It forms part of the body's air filtration system....fair enough the big black wiry ones poking toward your upper lip are unsightly and need sorting but in general they're there for a good reason. I prefer to trim mine rather than pull them...but I don't suffer too badly with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

No. 4 back and sides and a trim on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I use an electric trimmer for mine. But I tend to give them an bit of a tug now and then as I seem to like the feeling ya get from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭haveabadday

Stokolan wrote: »
    I use an electric trimmer for mine. But I tend to give them an bit of a tug now and then as I seem to like the feeling ya get from it.

Aghhhhhh, you make me cringe!!! painful!! but they dont look nice hanging on your top lip do they!!! I use a Electric hairtrimmer too!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

caoibhin wrote: »
    Why do we need this?
    Many questions, Few answers on this important topic.

I'll get a bit nerdish on the answer then, just for you :p

They are responsible at the first point of inspiration (air drawn in) for filtering particles and dirt that could otherwise make it towards the pharynx and larynx, possibly starting some respiratory problems. And not sure if you, or if anyone else really cares, but they are called Cilia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I'll get a bit nerdish on the answer then, just for you :p

They are responsible at the first point of inspiration (air drawn in) for filtering particles and dirt that could otherwise make it towards the pharynx and larynx, possibly starting some respiratory problems. And not sure if you, or if anyone else really cares, but they are called Cilia.

Ah.. and do I need these Cilia more as I get older? I certainly have more of them. Does the same apply to ear hair, dont get me started on them fellows...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

caoibhin wrote: »
    Ah.. and do I need these Cilia more as I get older? I certainly have more of them. Does the same apply to ear hair, dont get me started on them fellows...
    To remove ear hair -immac on a q-tip. Leave for good 30mins. Rinse the bejayzuz after.
    Pluck nasal spiders. I've been collecting mine in a match box for about a year now. Gonna make a little pillow for my hamster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭book smarts

Don't pluck them or you could end up with ingrowing hairs which are agonisingly painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Don't pluck them or you could end up with ingrowing hairs which are agonisingly painful

Good advice here alright, don't pluck em or it could end up alot more painful for you. If you are so worried about their appearance, just trim the outermost edge of them at the nostril. You DO need them, and they grow back but don't bother taking em out if you don't have to.

As for ear hair...most people don't have enough to trim anyway so if you do have some, shorten it don't pluck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

can't say I have a problem with nose hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

rb_ie wrote: »
    No. 4 back and sides and a trim on top.

They do that for noses now? Sweet!

I'd advise against sticking a scissors up there to chop the forest down. I'd imagine a sneaky sneeze would bring tears :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm a hairy bastard and my nose is no exception :(

When I pluck them [yes I read the above post not too, noted :o ] I cry like a lil girl. >_<;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Nothing worse than picking a big cripsy green raisin out for a chew when your fingernail snags a nostril hair. Always makes me cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Stokolan wrote: »

Ha, no way! I thought I was the only one! Plucking a nose hair, holding it out in front of me and thinking, 'my that's a big 'un!'.. One of my favourite habits!

But yeah. Electric trimmer is the way to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

It was so much simpler when i had a beard.. the nose hairs used to blend into the moustache nicely.. they tasted a little salty tho... hmmm

Advertisement