Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangers of lightening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Among the many dangers of lightening, the dye may not come out, leaving you unhappy with a peroxide blonde frizz. If you've dyed or bleached your hair a light colour, you could try having it dyed a darker shade. It's probably best to go to a hairdresser to get advice about this, if you try to fix it at home (by re-dying it) you could end up having problems again and make things worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That's what he gets for "playing" with young children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

rb_ie wrote: »
    That's what he gets for "playing" with young children.

Indeed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Wait that article says nothing about him being on a weight loss regime or bleaching his hair. Do you have another source? Would he have been better off if he was a few pound heavier or does blonde hair reflect lightning?

p.s. in other news I hope he recovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Rip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

A 14-year-old boy remains in a critical condition in hospital after he was struck by lightning in a Dublin suburb.

The incident happened on a green space between Kilclare Gardens and Kilclare Crescent in Tallaght at around 4.30pm yesterday afternoon.

It is understood the boy, who is from the local area, was playing with a young child at the time.

AdvertisementHe was brought to Tallaght Hospital, where he remains seriously ill.

Can't find a link now, but accroding to the RTE news on the radio this morning, the poor young guy died this morning. He never regained consciousness after being struck by lightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

He never regained consciousness after being struck by lightening.
    Another man down to drive-by hairdressing, damn them.

/Seriously tho RIP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Not so funny now is it.

RIP

• Advertisement

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Not so funny now is it.

RIP
    Well, it was lashing down hailstones (followed by rain) and there was a lot of thunder and lightening yesterday. What kind of person goes out playing in a field in such conditions? What kind of parents would let their children out to play in such conditions?

It's sad that a life was lost, and a couple have lost their son, but ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RIP. Sad story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For some resson this is described as an accident by RTE news. It was an incident.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Poor guy. R.I.P.

Thats why I never wear a tin foil hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

is it really more likely than winning the lotto?

not like you hear about things like ths every wednesday/saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

We don't get much lightning over here and when it does happen people go out and look up at it. They don't realize the dangers of it. It kills thousands worldwide every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Ah, hilarious stuff indeed. A young boy gets killed for going out and doing what young boys do.

Just because it's AH doesn't mean you have to put in a smart comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

edit - doesnt matter

Collie D wrote: »
    Ah, hilarious stuff indeed. A young boy gets killed for going out and doing what young boys do.

Just because it's AH doesn't mean you have to put in a smart comment
    Not all young boys go out playing in thunder, lightening and hailstones/rain. In fact, I didn't see one out playing in my area during it yesterday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What is your avatar rb_ie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Chris Crocker I believe. "LEAVE BRITNEY ALOOOOONE". Funny stuff.

I was actually out walking my dog when the lightning was around, didn't really think much of it at the time but the clouds were way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

rb_ie wrote: »
    Not all young boys go out playing in thunder, lightening and hailstones/rain. In fact, I didn't see one out playing in my area during it yesterday.

I used to as a kid at any given opportunity. Fair enough, I'd not stand near trees or out on open ground or start waving metal objects about, but I still went out to see the show; I still do...
    The way showers were running through yesterday it was going from fair blue skies to leaden and rain in a matter of 15 minutes...maybe the kid was too pre-occupied with his ball game, maybe his parents don't watch the weather or pay much heed...apparently Bertie's plane was struck by lightning the other day on his way to Belfast, it can happen to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

What is your avatar rb_ie?

The chick he has tied up in his attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

is it really more likely than winning the lotto?

not like you hear about things like ths every wednesday/saturday

Well i'd say if the entire country went out and stood in a field all day during a day with thunderstorm activity every time there was one then it probably would be as common. Luckily most people tend to avoid this whereever possible.

RIP to the young lad. I feel for his family.

tribulus wrote: »
    Chris Crocker I believe. "LEAVE BRITNEY ALOOOOONE". Funny stuff.

I was actually out walking my dog when the lightning was around, didn't really think much of it at the time but the clouds were way off.
    Aye, give it a google Tar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Class m8 of mine in college lives 2 mins from the place told me about it this morning. His sis hangs around with the 14yr old's sis, they resuscitated the kid 4 times but couldn't hold onto him :( Well, when it's time to go, nothing can be done about it, destiny sucks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was actually playing football in phoenix park when this happened....scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Here in Swords there has just been an almighty clap of thunder. Think i'll stay inside for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

Rip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

jesus! odds of actually being hit must be huge, feel sorry for the kid :(

Advertisement