Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Cineplex Memories

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Didnt they have to have a "piss break" for Titanic so they could change the reel because it was such a long film? Or was I dreaming that?

Things that Fight Club thought me: All films come on multiple reels. Usually about 20 minutes length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I saw on Facebook that Mrs. Doubtfire came out 21 years ago today. I saw it in the Capital with my Dad and sister. Hard to imagine it was that long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Awww damn, happy days indeed!

One of my memories is seeing the Lion King there for the premier, we won some tickets in a competition, great memories!
    Another is when my Dad used to know/chat to the managers working there a lot and we sneaked into the backdoor of Beauty & the Beast to avoid the massive queue! I've also got a fond memory of seeing the Muppets Christmas Special with my Dad at some point.

For some reason too, I used to love sitting in that weird etched out seats at the back, I think it was probably the big screen? But there was like a little inlet of seats, possibly below the upper balcony with it's own lower roof? It felt pretty cosey in there!

I think the last movie I remember seeing in there was An Inconvenient Truth, not quite as good as the Lion King or Beauty & the Beast though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

babo9 wrote: »

For some reason too, I used to love sitting in that weird etched out seats at the back, I think it was probably the big screen? But there was like a little inlet of seats, possibly below the upper balcony with it's own lower roof? It felt pretty cosey in there!

Yeah i used to sit there for most movies if I could. I'm assuming those seats were directly under screen 6, which would have been the upper mezzanine when the capitol was just one big screen?

Advertisement