Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xperia Ray serious issues

• 22-04-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

So I got my Ray in a Vodafone Store on Friday and have been having problems ever since. When it goes on standby the screen won't wake up. I can still interact though as I can hear when I unlock it. After a while the screen has a white horizontal line that scans down. Only way to fix is to take the battery out. Then when the phone turns on the sound doesn't work at all. A clicking sound can be heard at the power button. If a headset is connected it can be heard even louder. I've reset and done a firmware repair but still the problem persists. :( Any ideas or will I have to return the phone? I have a video of the problem with the screen if it's any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like a fragged install, get SEUS or Pc Companion and use the repair function to wipe it with clean software.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds like a fragged install, get SEUS or Pc Companion and use the repair function to wipe it with clean software.

I tried this already a few times but it still keeps happening. :(

Yeah, its a dud then, get it replaced.

Gonna get it replaced tomorrow hopefully. Here's a video of the screen problem just so you can see what I was on about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvTFg2J0L4o

That's usully the first thing to go wrong, then the other problems that I mentioned soon follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah that's a shame. Don't let it cloud your judgement of the phone though. I wouldn't change mine for the world...

• Advertisement

I went in this morning to get a replacement. The store had told me that they had one in stock and that they'd keep it for me. Went in and was told it was gone. :( Got my money refunded. I may just wait and see if I can get a different phone online for around the same price or less with the same features. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I went in this morning to get a replacement. The store had told me that they had one in stock and that they'd keep it for me. Went in and was told it was gone. :( Got my money refunded. I may just wait and see if I can get a different phone online for around the same price or less with the same features. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Try getting another of the same if you can find one locally(carphone warehouse?). Working its a good phone.

Try getting another of the same if you can find one locally(carphone warehouse?). Working its a good phone.

Went into two Carphone Warehouse stores afterwards and was told they don't sell the Ray anymore.

Went into two Carphone Warehouse stores afterwards and was told they don't sell the Ray anymore.

How much did you pay(get back) from vodaphone?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005I06WMC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new 190 GBP new and simfree(a nice perk worth 130€ worth of credit usage). If its within budget.

How much did you pay(get back) from vodaphone?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005I06WMC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new 190 GBP new and simfree(a nice perk worth 130€ worth of credit usage). If its within budget.

I ended up buying from Vodafone online. Good deal though, but it doesn't really bother me if it's sim free or not (Apart from bloatware). Hoping I don't have to return this time :)

• Advertisement

Have my new Xperia ray. No problems this time, working flawlessly. As soon as I plugged in the phone to the laptop I got a notification for an update to ICS :D Very happy. Any recommended apps that I should download?

Edit: One thing I miss from Gingerbread is the lock screen animation.

Have my new Xperia ray. No problems this time, working flawlessly. As soon as I plugged in the phone to the laptop I got a notification for an update to ICS :D Very happy. Any recommended apps that I should download?

The "CRT Style" one? You could get it back if you wanted.

See the "must have apps" thread for suggestions.

The "CRT Style" one? You could get it back if you wanted.

See the "must have apps" thread for suggestions.

I'll take a look at the thread. Yeah, how would I go about getting it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭soccerbreaker

I want to upgrade to ICS.
    but I can't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I want to upgrade to ICS.
    but I can't

Why?

I upgraded mine no problem.

Advertisement