Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log Viewers/Readers

Options
  • 24-11-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Had an issue with a server whereby I had to read through a notepad file that was gigantic & difficult to read. It essentially made reading the log difficult, making finding the cause of an issue even more difficult to find.

This was for a software running on a server, but I'm interested in hearing of other solutions for Windows event logs etc.

Any suggestions for softwares/solutions for pulling in logs to make them more readable.

Ideally in future, I'll be looking to setup an ELK stack, however, I want this to monitor physical servers for errors before I can look to configure screens for displaying software issues on servers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I use Gamut logviewer to view Event Viewer logs and also Kiwi syslog outputs. There's a free version available which will give you a good trial, but since version 3 (I think) it doesn't automatically update the tail, which would be annoying if you're viewing a live file. I still have the installer for version 2 of the free product, if you need it.

Advertisement