Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you have any penalty points? If so, what are they for?

Options
  • 30-11-2012 11:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

As per thread title, have you any penalty points, and what are they for?
    I have 2 for speeding.

How many penalty points do you have? (MULTIPLE CHOICE, SELECT ALL THAT APPLY) 126 votes

I am Male
    0%
    I am Female
    37%
    The Clown ManStarkBorderfoxphreakPompey MagnusWetDaddyPherekydesneilmdavehey79bada_bingDiddy KongR0otsinkGrudaire[Deleted User]GhandeetrooneyVoodoomelonsebastianliekenRun_to_da_hills 47 votes
    11%
    Das Kittysinkcoffee_cakeCliona99livinsanelucyluchickenlittleOrangeDaisyVanishingActsThe Big Red ButtondirtyghettokidPawpad666greenheart123 LCZiegfeldgirl27 15 votes
    38%
    BorderfoxDas KittyPompey MagnusWetDaddyPherekydesneilmdavehey79Diddy KongsinkGrudairecoffee_cake[Deleted User]GhandeetrooneyVoodoomelonCliona99sebastianliekennice1frankolivinsanelistermint 48 votes
    0%
    8%
    StarkphreakRun_to_da_hillsPennBillJiano.pOptimalprimeribTriggerMeesaredDeath and TaxesThis username meets Guidelines 11 votes
    0%
    3%
    The Clown Manbada_bingDAZP93AnarchistKen 4 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    Thud 1 vote
    0%
    I don't drive
    0%

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

I am Female
    none
    because i can drive a car properly :D

ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Speeding on a motorbike.

65 in a 50 zone. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

UK license FTW, or it would be 6 for speeding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

none on a motorbike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

None, I got them wiped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

There should be an "I'm not sure option" :p

Had 8 points at one point on my old provisional license but they never transferred over when I got my pink license. Racked up another 8 over the course of the next 18 months or so.

Think most, if not all, of them are gone now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Have 2 for doing 61 in a 50 zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Thud

back down to 4 now from 10, mostly speeding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 422 ✭✭BensonSlide

Had six, but I got my cousin who works in the Gardaí to get rid of four of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I got a few points for **** in the overtaking lane. The cops were very impressed, especially the female ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

2 speeding doing 60 in a 50zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Jeez, the OP didnt last long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Got 2 for demonstrating an m3s 0-100 in a slip lane. Was doing normal speed by the time I hit the road but turns out I tore directly past an unmarked Garda car. :(

Got another 2 for doing 62 in a 50 zone at 1am which I though was harsh ... Gatso van. Genuinely had no idea I was speeding but with an empty road at night it's easy to forget to look down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

There should be an "I'm not sure option" :p

Had 8 points at one point on my old provisional license but they never transferred over when I got my pink license. Racked up another 8 over the course of the next 18 months or so.

Think most, if not all, of them are gone now though.

What did you get 8 points for??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

2 for no seatbelt (yes I know it was dumb :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

None, as far as I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

2 points for speeding. Doing 69 on a 60 road. The main road itself is 80 but sections of it are 60, so I actually thought I was going handy. Ah well, my own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Yeah....63: for having a pedal whilst driving on the wrong side of the road on the phone and breaking a red light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Nordie license.

Can't give me points which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I have no idea - How do you check?

I know I got 2 for being on the phone (Just my luck - literally the only time I did it and all I did was say ring you back in 5, and hung up - but I was caught!)

And I may have possibly gotten some for speeding? (All the times I was actually speeding was I caught? No - I was caught at 1am on some vacant road going 66 in a 60 zone ffs!)

• Advertisement

MarkMc wrote: »
    Jeez, the OP didnt last long
    He must have racked up the full 12 points! :pac:

Advertisement