Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have songs stuck in your head all the time?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I always get this too. Have had the Verve's Velvet Morning stuck in my head since yesterday - a song I haven't heard in about a decade. Just stuck it on there. Brillant song so not always a bad thing to have the music in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Jaysus - just reading through this thread has been like the channel hopping of head songs! Actually, one way that sometime works to get rid of a bad song is to listen to it in it's entirety on YouTube or something. *Disclaimer* Sometimes this works, but sometimes it can go terribly, terribly wrong!
    ScumLord wrote: »
    I keep getting terrible songs stuck in my head but sung by odd people. That song Luka gets stuck in my head but as sang by Arnold Schwarzenegger, I get that song "all by myself" stuck in my head but it's sang by a farmer. The farmer can change from Mayo, to Cavan even Yorkshire sometimes.

That's brilliant! I hope to God it never happens to me, but I loved hearing about it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I do sometimes but a friend of mine had THIS in his head for about 2 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

everyones knows it's windy da da daa da.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

(Cheesy advertisers voice) Annoying song stuck it you're head? Call 1800-L-O-B-O-T-O-M-Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Had the Macarena stuck in my head one day, including during an Economics exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I generally have a favourite song which I listen to over and over for days on end. At the moment, it's this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Constantly have tunes going round and round in my head. In fact I hum along quite a bit and am always singing. Lots of people have remarked on it before, especially at work where I am often being accused of being too happy. Apparently humming or singing = happy.

What's funny is seeing my eight year old and realising she is exactly the same. She is always singing or humming. Her teacher was laughing about it at the p-t meeting.

At the moment I have Colbie Caillat singing in my head-

I saw Santa in his bathing suit
    Tried to catch a wave, but he tried to soon
    He laughed so hard that he could barely breathe
    And washed up next to me
    He said that you look naughty, but I’m sure you’re nice
    He was soaking wet but he cracked a smile
    With a present in his hand
    He said it’s Christmas in the sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Get Back has been on repeat in my head for days now. Great song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I feed the baby every 4 hours. Then I burp him. Then I change him.
    Closing Time becomes Feeding Time, Burping Time, or Changing Time.
    Every 4 hours since he was born - 2 months ago!
    Make it stop - Somebody please make it stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
    But that's alright because I love the way it hurts....

Advertisement