Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ran over my kitten today :(

Options
  • 24-08-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I accidently ran over my kitten today with the car. We rescued him at about 3weeks and had him about 4 months. Im absolutly devistated. He must have snook out passed me as I was leaving the house and ran under the car.

I had the unfortunate luck of also watching him pass after I hit him. Im devistated, as it was far too graphic to descibe here.

I cant stop thinkin about it. The fact that it was such as awful picture to remember him by is making things 1000000times worse.

Honestly feeling depressed at the moment. Im not normally this sensitive but I think as I witnessed the final moments in such awful graphic detail, its making me feel awful. Anyone else ever had an experience like this? How long before the nightmare ends :(

RIP Trigger :(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

When I was 3 years old I had a terrier pup that was completely blind, in my infinite 3 yr old wisdom I let him loose in the yard just as a tractor was coming up the lane, he ran straight under the front wheel of the tractor and I heard a snap and ran in front of the tractor screaming at him to stop. The driver neither saw nor heard either me or the dog (both of us screaming) and he was looking behind him. I stood directly in front of him until I was knocked to the ground and the tractor passed over me. He finally stopped with the dog under the back wheel which thankfully put him out of his misery. As far as I can tell that's my earliest memory and i'll never forget the sound till the day I die.

Though I'm sure this isn't at all what you want to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Im so sorry to hear about your tragic accident. Atleast the kitten didnt suffer for too long.

A few years ago when I was about 13, we had a yorkie who was a few years old. He was robbed and we searched for ages, leaflets, radio etc. After 3 months, we finally found him. Travellers had robbed him and sold him to a family in the city so we had to buy him back.

Anyway, as he was settling back in at home, I was getting him back to his routine, letting him out in to the back garden first thing every day but one day, I noticed he wasn't barking with excitement like usual so I went to check on him.

I found him hanging dead from the side gate. :(
    I screamed with such a fright and upset. He had tried to jump out the hole where you put the hand in to open the latch and his collar got caught on to the latch and he strangled.

Ill never ever forget it. He was my baby.

The next dog we got (Pedro), also a yorkie, I was walking with our other
    dog (Dunston- who was just a puppy at the time), Pedro got loose and ran out in front of a car and litterally squashed before my eyes. the car kept going also.

An old couple helped me and I had to carry him back home in a plastic bag.

We have had alot of bad luck with our dogs in the past. But those two are the most traumatising I've witnessed.

I hope you are ok and dont feel too guilty. It was a pure accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Can we not post off topic posts or go on about the 'responsible cat owners' debate please.

Posts relevant to the OPs situation only from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

yeah, I'm not scared of the fascists deleting me. Approved opinions only on this board. Goodbye all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

ferretone wrote: »
    yeah, I'm not scared of the fascists deleting me. Approved opinions only on this board. Goodbye all!

Break granted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'm soo sorry to hear about what happened....my god ya poor thing :eek::(
    It will no doubt take a long time to come to terms with it all. Just try and remember that it was a terrible accident and no doubt a terrible shock to you. Thoughts are with you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Just wanted to say how sorry I am :(.Look after yourself,if you feel like crying .....cry if you want to talk about it do.Worst thing ye can do is keep all those different feelings locked up inside you.xxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Sorry Fend.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Oh God love you that's a horrible thing to happen and for you to witness :( It was an accident, please don't feel bad. I know it's upsetting, not something you'll forget in a hurry but it was an accident and accidents happen sometimes no matter how careful you try to be :(

Advertisement