Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst/Best Enterprise?

Options
  • 20-06-2003 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Personally i still prefer the "classic" design of the Enterprise D
    I know starfleet ships continue to evolve, but theirs something about the Sovereign Class Starship,i cant take to.
    I also like the Enterprise C i think it does a good miture between the Classic enterprises and the D version.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah think the Enterprise D was the best as well. Well-lit, luxurious, spacious, had that kind of nostalgic kids tv show design to it (note detachable saucer section).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I liked the Enterprise-C - nice enough but functional - I liked the bridge layout (or what I think it would look like if it wasn't half destroyed by the time we se it in "Yesterday's Enterprise")

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

the sovy class.......... she look,s amazeing like warp 9 standing still and is 2 time,s as powerful as the E-D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

the enterprise E, a thing of beauty is a joy forever, looks sleek, sweet and aerodynamic even though it doesn't need to be

well many fan,s (my self inclued) think the ship has to look like that to have a better warp feild the closer to the hull the better the warp feild the faster the ship

you can cleary see a progression from crapy blocky ships of tos to stremlined ship,s of tng

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If that was the case shouldn't the ships be spherical like Borg Ships? I think it's just a change in general design trends from 80s to 90s to 2000 era. People just want things to look streamlined because they look cool just like the trend in car designs (even though aerodynamics did play a part there). Notice how the Enterprise NX-01 looked streamlined despite coming before the blocky ships in star trek timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

in many ways i still love the constellation class but i do love the Galaxy class and am steadfastly warming to the Sovereign

no the borg ship,s use transwarp so it doesnt matter what shap they are (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah but theres been many a time when we've seen the borg at normal warp so to speak easily outstripping other ships in speed, i thinks it a general design trend as mentioned not so much to do with the warp field, sure look at the borg ship in descent theres nothing streamlined about that it.

with regards car design though they may look sleeky these days i recall a lecturer mentioning that car companies don't publish the drag factor for cars anymore as they are meant to be terrible, even though they look much better alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Enterprise D after the Refit it looked so class with the ship seperation and 2 torpedo launch bays and lots of phaser banks great design great...............:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement