Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scale

Options
  • 25-01-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hi dont know if this is the right place to ask but wer building a house and the scale is 1:100
    so my dining room for example 3500 width by 4000 long, how do i convert this into feet, i know i multiply it by something but cant remember what

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

google has a mm to feet converter or you can multiply the mm by 0.0032808 to get feet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Yeah. Don't get confused by the scale of the drawing and the units of measurement. The units (in this case it looks like mm) will still be marked as mm regardless of the scale of the drawing. So you're simply looking to convert from mm to feet as has been shown above.

To touch upon the scale point again, you could take out an old ruler or tape with inches on it, measure a wall on the plan and then multiply by 100 to get the real length. That's where the scale comes in handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Also dont scale of the drawing. Only use listed dimensions.

Advertisement