Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punk is crap - revisited

Options
  • 19-06-2005 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

That last thread, however inappropriate, made me smile to myself.

Back in 1976/77, when I was a second year student I wrote a piece for the school magazine, decrying the punk phenonmen and making much the same points as the original poster.

It took me a few months to come around and embrace the new music and all that came with it and grow to love it, which I still do to this day. I took some slagging for it from my friends and its still all a bit embarassing...

I can't really figure out why though. I guess the backlash had really kicked in at that stage, God Save the Queen had been banned, the Rats were on their way out of the country after Geldofs' seminal appearance on the Late Late and people who displayed any punk affliation were being beaten up and slagged off. Just seemed safer at 13 to keep the head down. Hard to believe now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

And then there's the punk trousers as modelled here by the fantastic sisters combo The Eyeliners

No_Apologies_Photos_014.sized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Huhmana Huhmana

But ah sure. I loves me punk!

More the hardcores tuff. But each to your own

Advertisement