Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polish for 2007 Volkswagen Passat

• 22-06-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Looking for polish recommendations for a B6 black passat. Have a rotary but would not rule out buying a DA if I had to. Polished it by hand when I bought it and it improved it noticeably but you know yourselves, always want a little more :D

Did a 2 pass job on a test panel (course and finishing polish) with the rotary today and it was not good :o, putting it mildly. Had some generic products at home belonging to the brother and while the holograms were certainly reduced the polishing marks didn't fully come out. Not obvious unless under artificial or certain lighting but they're there. Thinking the finishing polish is not course enough (or too rough :confused:)

So want to finish the test panel and do the rest of the car properly. As always thanful for any help or input.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Gtechniq P1 Polish available from cleancar.ie is the one I use. Menzerna (?) are supposed to be good too.

Hopefully Curran, vectra, MM or one of the other 'serious' detailers will be along soon to advise better than I can! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

166man wrote: »
    Gtechniq P1 Polish available from cleancar.ie is the one I use. Menzerna (?) are supposed to be good too.

I didnt find gtechniq P1 to be up to much!
    Menzerna is quite good.

My current favourite and its very good on tough paint such as VW and BMW paint, is Scholl S3 for compounding and S40 for finishing. The S3 does good correction without leaving too much to refine.

Chemical Guys V38 is a nice finishing polish as it can be worked for a long tine without drying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If you are not comfortable using the rotary, then be wary.
    While you can get brilliant results faster than with a DA, you can also get into serious trouble a LOT quicker.

was a regular user of a da and always got super results on our cars using hex logic pads and Menzerna polishes.

Recently I sold the DA and bought a DA pro.. >> Night and day with their ability.
    Instantly noticed how much easier and quicker the DA pro worked.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=207877

My advice is get one with the hex pads and menz polish kit.

** DAS-6 Pro is on group buy in detailing world and is good value **

Top it off with Britemax Blackmax then 2 coats of Britemax Vantage < Both available as a set on cleancar.ie

http://www.cleancar.ie/britemax-vantage-wax.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thanks for the replies everyone. Probably won't get to it until the weekend now anyway but will let ye know how it goes.

Advertisement