Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine Inch Nails Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Nine Inch Nails have been announced for Belsonic Festival in Belfast on 21st August :D

http://belsonic.co.uk/lineup.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

jenizzle wrote: »
    Nine Inch Nails have been announced for Belsonic Festival in Belfast on 21st August :D

http://belsonic.co.uk/lineup.php

Olympia date the night before I reckon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

honru wrote: »

Would love that instead of travelling up to Belfast

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

honru wrote: »

I enjoy your optimism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

NIN and ASIWYFA....wheres that Randy Marsh image when ya need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Will prob head up for this but feck sake decent gigs are flyin out of the traps this year, already givin Soundgarden and Red Fang a miss due to using up my days on other gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

Anything to back that up or is it just wishful thinking? :P

Definitely going to Belsonic anyways, been waiting way too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Very excited! Can't believe it, will be online at 9am Friday to get a ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And possible live airings of new material...

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/51585462200/ive-been-less-than-honest-about-what-ive-really
    “I’ve been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately. For the last year I’ve been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly ****ing great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Will they be playing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J4UW5RxavE

Lucena wrote: »

Not sure if you're serious but no, wont be playing Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or Social Network either just stuff released under the N.I.N. name.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Fingers crossed for a Dublin gig,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Not sure if you're serious but no, wont be playing Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or Social Network either just stuff released under the N.I.N. name.

Absolutely not serious. Great background music though, really sets the mood.

You invite a member of the opposite sex back to your place, you've carefully chosen the wine, the flowers and the lights have been turned down, leaving only the dim candlelight to set the ambience.
    You stick this music on, break out the masking tape, plastic sheeting and the knives.
    Ah, the memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

C'mon Dublin date!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Tix got, woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And I'm in. This is gonna be on be hell of a show!

Got also...only another 2 and a half months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Have my tickets as well :D

New song released :)

First single from the upcoming album "Hesitation Marks," out 9.03.13. Download "Came Back Haunted" from nin.com and iTunes on June 6th.

https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails/came-back-haunted-2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Tis quite good. My sense of anticipation is increasing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

New single kicks ass!

Adrian Belew has quit the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I saw those reports too, which had me scratching my head, since I never thought Adrian was in NIN in the first place. He had been collaborating with Trent in the studio, as he had done several times before (e.g. The Downward Spiral). I never believed that would go on a full NIN tour - he's in his 60s and few NIN fans would know who he is - and so I wasn't surprised when that idea was squashed last month. Which leaves ... what?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Lohner/Justin Mental Johnson/Twiggy Ramirez/Eric Avery to return?

I always thought that constant line up changes in bands like these gave a bad impression of the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 appiuscrispus

I always thought that constant line up changes in bands like these gave a bad impression of the band.

Well NIN has always only been Trent Reznor. He's the one responsible for the entirely of it's musically direction.
    Few have had any significant credited input into his work.

The "Band" is only for live performances, he can't play every instrument at once. It's just over the years some of those sessions musicians have been requiring, hence the "NIN is a band" idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i cant stop listening to this, i thought it would have been like how to destroy angels but its not.me personally i think its a continuation of year zero ,cant really say anything else till i hear more, great come back single, wasnt expecting it atall

also eric avery has left NIN already so i wonder whos goin to replace him

Well NIN has always only been Trent Reznor. He's the one responsible for the entirely of it's musically direction.
    Few have had any significant credited input into his work.

The "Band" is only for live performances, he can't play every instrument at once. It's just over the years some of those sessions musicians have been requiring, hence the "NIN is a band" idea.

Well that's my point, if they are just there to play music than I wonder what kind of friction there could be to even cause an ejection.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭fitz

Well that's my point, if they are just there to play music than I wonder what kind of friction there could be to even cause an ejection.

Not necessarily friction.
    Sometimes musicians just don't gel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

It's a well-known fact that if you blab to the public about being a live member on NIN you "somehow" don't end up on the actual tour.

Advertisement