Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mileage verification

Options
  • 10-11-2014 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

There seems to be good value on a number of highline passats on done deal.
    It's just compared to any other cars I've been looking at they seem to have ridiculously low mileage (and no service history.... Red flags.)

Is there any way to verify such mileage? Could or would a volkswagon garage be able to check and know if the odometer was correct?

I'm looking for a cheap comfortable cruiser for 200km+ a day and they just fit the bill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

MotorCheck.ie / Cartell.ie would be a good start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Just checked, no previous recorded odometer readings. Although the rest of the checks seemed fine.€20 later and not much the wiser, worth a shot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I'd avoid personally.

Yes, you can have the car checked at a VW Dealer for Mileage Discrepancy, but I don't know how much that might set you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Easy way to find out is ask the seller can you take it to a local VW dealer for a pre sale inspection, say you will be coming from the other side of the country so you want to make sure it's OK before you buy and since you don't know any local mechanics you'd like it to be VW. If they say no walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

If you know someone who has VAG.com software - it would compare odometer values (rewound in most cases) with ECU odometer values (not so easy to rewind) - it would confirm (or no) if a car's clocked.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

@joujoujou this VAG.com is available to buy below
    http://www.ilexa.co.uk/acatalog/vagcom.html its not cheap hitting £300 sterling for top end

Is there a version for Fiat cars as I have a Fiat that needs some work and I do most all the work on my own cars but without the tool cant do some work .Hopefully Fiat is cheaper . My mileage is correct I knew all the previous owners who rarely drove my car any place before I bought it .

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

derry wrote: »
    @joujoujou this VAG.com is available to buy below
    http://www.ilexa.co.uk/acatalog/vagcom.html its not cheap hitting £300 sterling for top end

Is there a version for Fiat cars as I have a Fiat that needs some work and I do most all the work on my own cars but without the tool cant do some work .Hopefully Fiat is cheaper . My mileage is correct I knew all the previous owners who rarely drove my car any place before I bought it .

Derry

It's called fiatecuscan. And it's about 50 quid.

Although it may have changed it's name recently but google will help you there!

Advertisement