Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky deal for new customers

Options
  • 18-07-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

sky are doing tv, broadband and phone for €45 for new customers...

Great deal, rang up as I have sky entertainment at €35 a month and Vodafone broadband at €44 a month... no deals as usual for old customers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

For three months, if I heard the ad correctly.

Wonder what it'll revert to after that time???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    For three months, if I heard the ad correctly.

Wonder what it'll revert to after that time???

6 months and 57 a month after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Button09 wrote: »

Great deal, rang up as I have sky entertainment at €35 a month and Vodafone broadband at €44 a month... no deals as usual for old customers..

What number did you call? I am using NTL for Broadband only (think it's €42 a month) and want to see if Sky can do me a better deal!?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Is this the low end sky broadband option, witih the 2GB cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

I would love to sign up for sky tv, but it always seems the deals are far worse for new customers than for old ones who threaten to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Button09 wrote: »

They are doing an offer for existing customers at the moment for 3 months half price broadband and calls that will still be cheaper than what you are currently on but €5 dearer than what new customers are being offered!

Check it out below
    • Broadband & Talk

http://www.sky.com/ireland/customer-shop/broadband-talk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

I currently have UPC for broadband/tv/phone and it works out at 66 per month, so i'm interested in that it might save money

Any idea if "domestic" channels (rte, bbc etc etc) are part of the sky entertainment package? Not really clear from their website.

How would Sky & UPC compare for broadband speed?

I seem to remember their radio selection being a bit rubbish- it's a real bonus on UPC being able to play BBC radio 6 through the TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I currently have UPC for broadband/tv/phone and it works out at 66 per month, so i'm interested in that it might save money

Any idea if "domestic" channels (rte, bbc etc etc) are part of the sky entertainment package? Not really clear from their website.

How would Sky & UPC compare for broadband speed?

I seem to remember their radio selection being a bit rubbish- it's a real bonus on UPC being able to play BBC radio 6 through the TV!

I'm in the same position, currently with UPC but these Sky offers are tempting as my UPC TV and broadband bill has crept up from €50 a month to €66 over the last 2 years.

However I am not sure as I've heard that Sky's broadband isn't the best whereas UPC's is pretty decent in fairness to them. Also I think Sky have a cap on their broadband per month, hassle I don't need. The last thing is that I don't think the amount of channels you get on the basic Sky package is as many as what you get on UPC.

So overall I reckon I'm going to stick to UPC as I can see disadvantages to joining Sky and the savings aren't big enough to justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Its the lite package 10gb cap, normal usage in our house is about 30-40gb thats just streaming netflix, spotify, and the usual not downloading torrents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

paddyp wrote: »
    Its the lite package 10gb cap, normal usage in our house is about 30-40gb thats just streaming netflix, spotify, and the usual not downloading torrents etc.

10gb isn't much. Thanks Paddy for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement