Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenwood Major - flexible beater or folding tool?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭phormium

You won't like my answer :) but I'd do it by hand. Definitely wouldn't do it with the beater no matter how slow and I never saw or heard of that folding tool despite having a Kenwood for donkey's years.

I have a Kenwood and a Kitchenaid and I fold in all flour/egg whites by hand, I think it is a gentler action than any machine can manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

phormium wrote: »
    I never saw or heard of that folding tool despite having a Kenwood for donkey's years.

It seems to be relatively new.

I looked it up after reading this thread. It's quite expensive and from the videos I watched I'm not convinced that it doesn't beat all the air out. There are a few good reviews on Amazon though. I'd love to see it properly in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

I agree with Phormium, with light sponges and cakes I'd always fold in flour or beaten egg whites, even doing it by hand I've managed to overdo it.

Advertisement