Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow food

Options
  • 31-03-2005 12:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I would like to mention a noteworthy club based in Dublin - the slow food group. its foodies at their best. alot of chefs and obsessives! evenings are held, for eg: choclate evening with dems before easter and egg assembly. missed it myself :( I know there is an olive oil evening coming up soon.

The last meal out was in the old schoolhouse in swords where venison was the feature of the night, (jeruselm artichokes also starred) cooked to perfection. so nice to see with all the over priced crap normally served for the love of the money and not the food.
    I dont really eat out anymore unless its a special treat and somewhere decent because I am tired of being screwed €10-€14 for a bowl of badly cooked pasta. But these evening are a real treat. i just thought people might be interested in real food evenings!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The Slow Food movement is the sh!t alright. Never gone to one of the evening do's though. Will definitely make a note to go to the Olive Oil one. Nice to know there's another boardsie who's into slow food, there must be some others in the woodwork.

Here's a clicky linky for anyone who's interested.

EDIT: fixed linky, cheers again Alun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A very nice clicky linky, I'm sure, but http://www.slowfoodireland.com/ works a lot better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I went to a restaurant back in 2002 in Tuscany and noticed that that had a slow food plaque on the wall. I think the movement was actually started in Italy? Anyway I didnt see anything anywhere else until last year when I was in the UK they had a slow food market which was excellent. Just looked at that link and saw I missed the market here last weekend :(

Hope there are more in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Whoops! Apparently pasted summit i'd pasted before somewhere else. D'oh.

Slow Food was started in Italy Flikflak.

Advertisement