Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ Remote

Options
  • 31-08-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get a cheap Sky+ remote? Have looked in Argos and the like but they're about €26, which seems a bit pricey..

Thanks for the help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lots of them for sale on Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

€26 euro for a sky+ remote is a bargain, considering it can be programmed to do a lot of tv functions as well, a lot of the cheap ones around are rubbish and should be avoided...some stores sell them for up to €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

eBay. Just search sky+remote and refine it to in ireland. I got one 2months ago for €9 new.

bodhi085 wrote: »
    eBay. Just search sky+remote and refine it to in ireland. I got one 2months ago for €9 new.

As I said already some of the cheap ones sold on ebay and other sites are not genuine remotes and often dont have the full tv database built in or last very long...just be careful where you buy them. All genuine remotes are built by Philips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

The Euro2 shops often have an imitation one in for 2 Euro (obviously :P )

It's blue in colour, same shape and layout as a real one and sure it's got to be worth a try at that price.

• Advertisement

The Euro2 shops often have an imitation one in for 2 Euro (obviously :P )

It's blue in colour, same shape and layout as a real one and sure it's got to be worth a try at that price.

There not there rubbish...have tried them and had countless people ring me when they couldn't get them to work their tv...

And whilst it's still in my head, if you use a Spc-combiner to combine too boxes to send around the house via use of a magic eye then you need an original remote as clones do not work as they cannot be programmed to control a port....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

steveon wrote: »
    There not there rubbish...have tried them and had countless people ring me when they couldn't get them to work their tv...

Well if it doesn't work they could always get their money back and if it does work then they have saved a bundle so what's the harm in trying eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

I had the blue one from euro shop but couldn't program it to sky+ when I got sky+ box. I got the one off eBay which looks and works exactly as the sky+ remotes. (Rev9)I have the original remote that came with the box but wanted a second one to use with the magic eye. So far it does precisely what I want it to do and to put it against the original sky remote apart from being new you can't tell them apart. The blue remote I had from euro shop still worked till the day I stopped using it and that was for 3years,so it's worth the shot if op wanted to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

Try grabone.ie they have a sky hd remote and a magic eye for 19 euro not sure about delivery charge, think it might be free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement