Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triax multiblock... how the hell do i set this up?

• 30-08-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I just got a triax dish and multiblock, im planning on setting it up tomorrow... i'm trying to assemble the multiblock part right now but the instructions just show it all together... i cant get the plastic lnb holders onto the main frame... they wont slide onto it? what am i doing wrong?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Loos

Only thing that would stop the holders sliding onto the beam, would be the screws for locking them in place, assuming these are already fitted in the holders. Back them off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

This is the problem

egwdiw.jpg

none of the holders will go beyond that point and it's difficult to get them to come off again. I haven't put the screws in place yet at all, that won't make any difference. It's as if the holders are too tight to slide onto the bar any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Loos

I remember having to use a file on a Triax LNB holder, just to get the LNB to fit in properly. Maybe these need similar treatment inside the part the beam goes through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

WD 40, and she'll slide in nicely ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

That kit has the wrong mains plug on it. Cut it off. Don't use an adapter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

winston_1 wrote: »
    That kit has the wrong mains plug on it. Cut it off. Don't use an adapter.

Excuse my ignorance but is it harmful to use an adaptor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

Excuse my ignorance but is it harmful to use an adaptor?

Most adapters don't conform to anyones standards, and are often unfused.
    The various electrical standards around the world are often safe in their own right but unsafe when mixed.
    Anyway a new BS1363 plug is a lot cheaper than most adapters as well as safer.

Advertisement