Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underworld: Blood Wars

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It makes sense in that Kate Beckinsale is done with the franchise and presumably, so is Scott Speedman. I'd say that there's plenty of life in the current iteration of the franchise but it'd be impossible to tell without Beckinsale on board. The original is about 11-12 years old so it feels a bit soon, to me at least for a reboot. I think that the Twilight films have largely filled the niche Underworld once occupied which is a shame.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ugh, a turd of a franchise getting a reboot. I wouldnt mind them rebooting Resident Evil and doing it justice, that's another godawful movie series.

It makes sense in that Kate Beckinsale is done with the franchise and presumably, so is Scott Speedman. I'd say that there's plenty of life in the current iteration of the franchise but it'd be impossible to tell without Beckinsale on board. The original is about 11-12 years old so it feels a bit soon, to me at least for a reboot. I think that the Twilight films have largely filled the niche Underworld once occupied which is a shame.

http://www.ew.com/2015/05/15/kate-beckinsale-underworld-5

Kate returns as Selene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

love this series ... delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Kate Beckinsale, tight outfit..

Everything else is just background noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's been called Underworld: Blood Wars

Trailer dropped yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Say what you want about the series, but I found them all thoroughly enjoyable. They were never going to break any records, but they were enjoyable vampire action films. Complete leave your brain at the door films, great popcorn munchers. And Kate. Oh Kate. She's lovely, our Kate.

Looking forward to this, trailer is more of the same, which is good. Theo in there for the ladies. Everything a nice shade of purple-blue. Bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New trailer. Looks pretty decent!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Lucashood2016

I was going to say she's looking well for a 43 year old women but feck me shes got a body that most 20 year old's would die for .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Say what you want about the series, but I found them all thoroughly enjoyable. They were never going to break any records, but they were enjoyable vampire action films. Complete leave your brain at the door films, great popcorn munchers. And Kate. Oh Kate. She's lovely, our Kate.

Looking forward to this, trailer is more of the same, which is good. Theo in there for the ladies. Everything a nice shade of purple-blue. Bring it on!

I found the films middling to good. My problem with the likes of Underworld is that while it makes an effort with Vampire/Lycan mythology, but then when the action starts you'd swear you were just watching any other action film.

It makes a gimmick out of the genre rather than fully immersing itself into it.

I'm still waiting for that truly epic series that is rich in the mythology but I'm afraid that for now that boat has sailed.

Is Michael and Eve in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

went to see this today.

kinda crap TBH.

its just a bit all over the place and the CGI is dodgey as fuk in places . kate looks amazing for a 43yr old and the action is good to great in places.

but the whole thing feels a bit "cheap" or something , like it wasnt quite ready for release. theres nice ideas in it and it expands on the mythos of their world a bit but all in all its lost focus or something in the execution.

6/10 from me.

wait for the DVD yer not missing anything on the big screen and TBH i reckon its really more one for fans of the franchise than anything.

Advertisement