Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hector and the search for happiness

Options
  • 15-08-2014 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in cineworld this afternoon, wasn't expecting much from a film with Rosamund Pike, but was pleasantly surprised, quite funny, kinda touching in certain ways, lovely ending, not one to miss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yeah, same myself, saw it yesterday on a whim but really really liked it! The ending was a bit cheesy and expected but I guess it tied into the general feel of the movie, but other than that a very feelgood type movie that sticks in your head afterwards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Could have been in the same showing :p

Was thinking that, could be, was in Cineworld screen 1 at the 2.10 screening :)

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Was thinking that, could be, was in Cineworld screen 1 at the 2.10 screening :)

So was I :p

Ah nice one there, love random things like that! :pac::D

I was sitting middle/back, put beside the girl who wouldnt stop laughing at random things very loud and then left before the ending :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I was Row J, seat 16, besides a girl who wouldn't stop laughing and left before the end and a girl eating a pack of sweets :pac:

Ah no way!!! :pac::p:)

That could have been the row I was in, guilty here of not really looking at my seat number thingy unless its really packed or I have to tbh :o, I could have been the girl eatting the sweets then if thats the case :D
    Namesake and all that, makes sense again! lol

you were sitting in the aisle seat?

Yeah, playing a DS console :P

I didnt notice that tbh, fair play on the discreetness, I did check my phone about 15mins before the end as I knew my mate had messaged/rang me (cardinal cinema sin i know, but i rarely do it), I was behind you when leaving then, you held the door open, thats so mad!

Lol I know its just coincidence/random etc, but love things like that! :rolleyes::o:D:)

Mad stuff :p good movie so.

• Advertisement

Definitly, ah it was - very very feelgood, might see you at the next one :P:pac::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Not to be a buzzkill but I found this film to be genuinely awful. Rambling, tonally all over the place, dull and very superficial.

I think Robbie Collin is spot on about it:

The trailer look absolutely dreadful, the kind of sanctimonious, self indulgent nonsense that belongs on TV and not cinemas. Pegg is an actor whom I really like but few directors know how to use him, he often comes across rather mean and unsavory and seems to only really work when directed by Edgar Wright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I thought this was poor overall. It was like elements of a few different films had been stitched together to make a whole. Nice scenery and decent enough performances, but it just didn't add up to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

So you're saying if I do get dragged to this, that I should bring my DS ? Cheers

jsa112 wrote: »
    So you're saying if I do get dragged to this, that I should bring my DS ? Cheers

No matter what film it is, if you play a DS during a film in the cinema then you deserve to be dragged out of there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

A bad film is not an excuse for bad cinema etiquette.

Advertisement