Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014 Cooking Club Week 32: Crunchy Chocolate Biscuits

Options
  • 14-08-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

904687_562488987169012_161235497_o.jpg

These are my new faves to make and they were by complete accident on Tuesday night. I was going to bring you my Hob Nobs but I had no oats so this is how they came about. I chucked in some ground almonds and cocoa powder instead. I hope you enjoy these.

Ingredients

100g Ground almonds
    160g Plain flour
    225g Caster sugar
    40g Dessicated coconut
    60g Cocoa Powder
    125g Butter
    1 Dessertspoon of golden syrup
    1 Dessertspoon of honey
    1 Tsp bicarbonate soda
    4 Dessertspoon boiling water

Method

1) Preheat your oven to 170c/150c(fan)/325F/gas mark 3.
    2) Mix the almonds, cocoa, flour, caster sugar and coconut together in a large bowl.
    3) Melt the butter, golden syrup and honey.
    4) In a cup mix the bicarbonate of soda with the boiling water and add to the butter mixture, this will then start to foam. Once all mixed, add to the dry mixture and stir with a spoon to form a dough.
    5) On a greased baking tray take small balls of the mixture about the size of a golf ball. This is will make around 12-14 balls.
    6) Bake for 20mins.
    7) Once out of the oven allow to cool on the tray for 5 mins. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 30 mins.

8) GOBBLE THEM ALL UP!

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Being one of the lucky few here to have tasted Chong's baking, I'll be trying these!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I am a sucker for a nice cookie/biscuit so had to give these a go - quite tasty I must say. Made mine a bit smaller so it stretched to 21 of them.

319065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Thanks again Chong.

Just wondering, how long would they last for? How long does the crunch stay for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Love it John!

Hi Nicholas they lasted me a week in an air tight container and still perfectly crunchy.

Advertisement