Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary

Options
  • 25-07-2014 8:51pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see Ghostbusters is having a 30th Anniversary cinema release in America. Any plans to do the same here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

godtabh wrote: »
    I see Ghostbusters is having a 30th Anniversary cinema release in America. Any plans to do the same here?

I sure hope so. My father brought me to see it as a kid and I reallly want to return the favour!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The first record I ever remember was the sound track for the film. My dad had it on vinyl (probably at home some where) and we used to play it loud as can be over and over. Love the film. To young to see it in the cinema but would love to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

py2006 wrote: »
    I sure hope so. My father brought me to see it as a kid and I reallly want to return the favour!

It's my first cinema going memory and it scared the crap out of me but I loved it.

I've no doubt it's responsible for me being the massive horror fan I am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i really hope so.

got a blast out of going to see back to the future when it was rereleased a few years back and ghostbusters really holds up well so ive no prob going to see it again in the cinema.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Hi,

Does anyone know if this is showing in any cinemas this weekend?

Thanks,
    doney84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Sorry to dig up an old thread but the 30th anniversary edition is being shown in liffey valley on Wednesday the 29th of October in 4K supposedly and in cineworld on the 28th too.

Also on an unrelated note Liffey valley ad double billing Alien and Aliens the directors cut on haloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

.. And here's me going as Mr Stay Puft for Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have my ticket booked for the cineworld showing on tuesday :D

cloud493 wrote: »
    I have my ticket booked for the cineworld showing on tuesday :D

Who what where why when?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

20:30 cineworld showing is sold out now unfortunately. Was a good deal for two tickets for 13 quid if booked online too. Still seats for 6pm one though.

• Advertisement

dquinnan wrote: »
    20:30 cineworld showing is sold out now unfortunately. Was a good deal for two tickets for 13 quid if booked online too. Still seats for 6pm one though.

http://www.cineworld.ie/whatson/ghostbusters

I thought it wasn't till Nov 15 :(

Theres a showing before 8.30 isn't there? Unless I read my ticket wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yep, theres one at around 3pm and one at 6pm, got my ticket for 6, cant wait :D

I saw it at 1. Finally cross it off the list of movies to see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Brilliat stuff!!!! :)
    Great seeing it on the big screen, Id only seen the 2nd movie in the cinema before when I was about 6 methinks so most of the jokes went over my head :pac:

Are they not showing it anymore? :(

It was one day only :(

May be if we all made a phone call they may put a special showing on :D

I don't know if I want to see it again, I was significantly underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

Was great seeing this on the big screen. Hadn't watched Ghostbusters fully in years either, so had forgotten the funny little things and just how good Bill Murray was too.

Take two is good value as well, two tickets, drinks and a regular popcorn for 13 quid. Went to the 6pm screening and it was pretty much full, with the 8.30 showing completely sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Seen this in the VUE cinema in Liffey Valley on Wednesday night. Even though I have seen this movie countless times it was great seeing it on the big screen. People chuckling away and laughing at bits that I just took for granted as been part of the movie really makes for a very different viewing experience.

Advertisement