Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions Thread 2014

• 26-08-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭

With only 1 game to go in pre-season thought it might be time to start the predictions thread again

AFC North Winner: Cincinnati Bengals
    AFC South Winner: Tenessee Titans
    AFC East Winner: New England Patriots
    AFC West Winner: San Diego Chargers
    AFC Wildcards: Denver Broncos, New York Jets

NFC North Winner: Green Bay Packers
    NFC South Winner: New Orleans Saints
    NFC East Winner: Philiadelphia Eagles
    NFC West Winner: Seattle Seahawks
    NFC Wildcards: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Bengals
    NFC Championship Game: Saints vs Packers

Super Bowl: Bengals vs Saints
    Super Bowl Winner: Saints

MVP: Drew Brees
    Offensive Player of the Year: Drew Brees
    Defensive Player of the Year: Vontaze Burfict
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Brandin Cooks
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Devon Kennard
    Comeback Player of the Year: Julio Jones

Surprise Team (Good): New York Jets (10-6) We all know that the Jets D will be good but with Geno Smith progressing this year and having Eric Decker and Jace Amaro added to the offense will surprise alot of teams this year

Surprise Team (Bad): New York Giants (4-12) Not sure how surprising this will be but with a sieve of an o-line, a dramatically declining QB, poor draft classes in the past few years the Giants are going backward at a rate of knots

Breakout Player: Jake Locker : I think this is the 3rd year in a row I have tipped Locker as the breakout player so here is hoping. He is fit and has talent around him at WR. Think Locker will throw for 3,800 yards, 22 TD's 8 INT's with 300 yards on the ground and 3 rushing TD's

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: RGIII : Think he will continue to struggle this year if he tries to be a pocket passer and will get injured if he reverts to type and tries to run. Won't play all 16 games one way or the other

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders (3-13) The AFC west is a strong division so the Raiders will struggle. I am a strong believer that with Dennis Allen & Reggie McKenzie the Raiders will get back to being a solid franchise but I think it will require one more draft to do so. I hope the owners stay the course

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Drew Brees goes off all season long and throws for 5,500 yards and 60 TD's

Your own team: New York Giants

Regular Season Record: 4-12 - It is not going to be pretty with that o-line and Eli continuing to struggle. Our D will actually be pretty solid.
    Best Rookie: Devon Kennard - No pressure but I think this 5th round rookie could be the answer to our LB prayers
    Most looking forward to seeing: Stevie Brown being back and intercepting passes. How many nonplussed shrugs Eli gives following INT's on miscommunitications with Reuben Randle.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

AFC North Winner: Ravens
    AFC South Winner: Tenessee Titans
    AFC West Winner: Broncos
    AFC Wildcards: Chargers, New York Jets

NFC Wildcards: 49'ers, Atlanta Falcons

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Broncos

Super Bowl: Bengals vs Saints

Offensive Player of the Year: Peyton Manning
    Defensive Player of the Year: Jurrell Casey
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Bishop Sankey
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Ha Ha Clinton Dix

Surprise Team (Good): Going with my team here, Titans will surprise people, Locker is playing well but even if he goes down Mett will be a more than able replacement. Watch out for Justin Hunter to dominate defenses. I think they win the division and go 10-6

Surprise Team (Bad): Chiefs, they have been decimated with injuries/suspensions in the last few days but i dont see them bouncing back after a bad start. 5-11

Breakout Player: A lot of Titans love in the first 2 posts.. I'm going with Justin Hunter, the guy is a redzone nightmare. The fact the Titans have other really good receiving threats mean he cant be double teamed all the time so i expect him to make a lot of catches and a lot of TDs.
    700 yards, 12 TDs

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Jadevon Clowney, i imagine this will take a few people by surprise. But i think it wont take teams long to adjust to him and essentially he will be schemed out of games. Less than 8 sacks which while a big number he is capable of a lot more.

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders (3-13) Raiders for the same reason as Higgins.

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Gronk stays healthy for a full season and Dominates all D's

Your own team: Titans

Regular Season Record: This is the year if it's going to be the year. Locker is healthy and looking good in pre-season. Hunter, Wright, Washington are the best trio of WRs the Titans have had in a long time. At TE Walker is solid and Taylor Thompson looks primed for a big year. RB looks solid and i expect after week 3 Sankey will be the bell cow.
    D took a hit with Verner but Morgan and Wimbley already look better at OLB than they did at DE, Zack Brown is a monster and he can do it all, Expect Akeem Ayers to have a good year aswell[. The only major area of concern is CB but i expect a cut Vet to come in and shore it up

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

AFC South Winner: Indianapolis Colts
    AFC West Winner: Denver Broncos
    AFC Wildcards: San Diego Chargers, New York Jets

NFC East Winner: Philadelphia Eagles
    NFC Wildcards: Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Denver
    NFC Championship Game: Saints vs Seahawks

Super Bowl: Denver vs Saints

MVP: JJ Watt
    Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers
    Defensive Player of the Year: JJ Watt (Aldon Smith an HM if the commish is feeling ridiculously generous)
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Khalil Mack
    Comeback Player of the Year: Geno Atkins

Surprise Team (Good): Lions (10-6) Stafford still looks braindead at times but the offense is loaded in every other facet. Front 7 on D looks very nice… secondary and new coaching ticket the only big concerns but I’ll give them a wildcard spot.

Surprise Team (Bad): Arizona (5-11) 3 huge losses from an impressive D and Mathieu coming off a very serious injury too. Cromartie is shot. Palmer to decline from the mediocre player he is and a complete over-reliance on Ellington in the backfield leaves me doubting them big time. Oh, and the NFC west, of course.

Breakout Player: Kenny Vacarro: Makes the leap from very strong rookie to a DPOY candidate. The looks he’ll get with Ryan will give him every shot.

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Cam Newton. He’s hurt. They have no left tackle worthy of the name. Their receiving options are scant. And their pass offense was already pretty meagre. Yeah, this one’s pretty easy.

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders (3-13) I feel bad, I really do but Schaub is just awful. I think Mack will be a star and there are some nice pieces on the D but that offense, with that schedule, could lead to pain.

Audacious Prediction of the Season: JJ Watt to take MVP. I think that’s fairly audacious with the league so pass-happy. The guy is like something I’ve never seen. Full tilt on every down, a brick wall against the run and a phenom in the rush. Cliched as it is, Cushing back and Clowney in should give him the looks he just didn’t get last year. Oh, and he’s looking for a new contract. can not wait to watch this guy all year.

Your own team: Chicago Bears

Regular Season Record: 9-7 – So hard to read. Offense should be stellar in all areas but so many questions in the back 7 of the D. This could be the end for two franchise legends in Briggs and Peanut so I hope it doesn’t get ugly.
    Best Rookie: Kyle Fuller - No point being smart, he’s the best of the lot.
    Most looking forward to seeing: The offense in Trestman’s second year. That receiving duo, the Forte-Carey 1-2, dominant pass protection and Jay taking it to the next level. Some shoot-outs are ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

AFC Wildcards: Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens

NFC North Winner: Chicago Bears
    NFC Wildcards: Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers

Super Bowl: Patriots vs Saints
    Super Bowl Winner: Patriots

MVP: Peyton Manning (plays an above average season, ESPN will Randy Marsh themselves and then goes on to have an below average post season)
    Defensive Player of the Year: Chandler Jones
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Ebron
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Clowney
    Comeback Player of the Year: Brett Farve in St Louis (you heard it here first folks)

Surprise Team (Good): Washington Redskins to go from 3-13 last year to Playoff contender but ultimately missing out.

Surprise Team (Bad): Cowboys to go from 8-8 last year to one of the worst teams in the league and vying for a top pick in the 2015 draft.

Breakout Player: Aaron Hernandez to breakout of jail and be quickly re-arrested but seriously Chandler Jones. Jones will get a lot more time to sack the QB this season and i think he will be close to the league high sack record. 11.5 sacks last year when he had a banged up ankle and an average secondary...a fit Jones with a top secondary could double those numbers.

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Johnny Football unfortunately. Will probably start by Week 6 and struggle.

Worst Overall Record: See Surprise Team (Bad)

Audacious Prediction of the Season: See Surprise Team (Bad)

Your own team: New England Patriots

Regular Season Record: 12-4

Best Rookie: James White - Vereen and Ridley will probably get the majority of touches at the start of the season but White will work his way into being our biggest rookie contributor as the season progresses.

Most looking forward to seeing: Revis and our new secondary - A little worried about Browner and the 2nd Safety position but i think the secondary has what its takes to be a top secondary in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

AFC Wildcards: Miami Dolphins, San Diego Chargers

NFC South Winner: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    NFC Wildcards: New Orleans Saints, Detroit Lions

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Chargers
    NFC Championship Game: Seahawks vs Saints

Super Bowl: Patriots vs Saints
    Super Bowl Winner: Patriots

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
    Offensive Player of the Year: Tom Brady
    Defensive Player of the Year: Robert Quinn
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Mike Evans
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jadeveon Clowney

Surprise Team (Good): Jacksonville Jaguars. They can't be much worse than last year & with all the defensive players they added during the offseason, along with a decent enough draft, they should be at least competing again.

Surprise Team (Bad): Kansas City Chiefs. Cannot see them repeating the success they had last year so expecting a step back for them this year.

Breakout Player: Golden Tate. Has not had lot of chances to put up big receiving numbers in Seattle, so the move to Detroit should see him in post his season best numbers as a decent complement to Meagtron.

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Colin Kaepernick. Teams last season were starting to be able to adjust to his playing style & the 49ers offense suffered. I suspect he may find it even more difficult again this year.

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders (3-10). Matt Schuab is not the answer and Derek Carr is not ready.

Audacious Prediction of the Season: 6 QB's pass 5,000 passing yards.

Your own team: Detroit Lions
    Regular Season Record: 10-6. Surely that team will do better than what they achieved with Schwarz as head coach.
    Best Rookie: Eric Ebron. Easy decision, as he's the top pick at a high impact position. Hopefully he delivers.
    Most Looking Forward to Seeing: Proper, consistent footwork from Stafford which will hopefully prevent the annual collapse thats happened in the last two years, where he was chiefly responsible, vastly increasing the number of INTs thrown towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

AFC East Winner: New York Jets
    AFC West Winner: Kansas City Chiefs
    AFC Wildcards: Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos

NFC Wildcards: Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC Championship Game: Kansas City Chiefs @ Indianapolis Colts
    NFC Championship Game: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl: Indianapolis Colts Vs Green Bay Packers
    Super Bowl Winner: Green Bay Packers

MVP: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)
    Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)
    Defensive Player of the Year: Clay Matthews (Packers)
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Bishop Sankey (Titans)
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jadeveon Clowney (Texans)
    Comeback Player of the Year: Robert Griffin III (Washington)

Surprise Team (Good): Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Surprise Team (Bad): Dallas Cowboys
    Breakout Player:
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Tony Romo

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Johnny Football is a big flop.

Your own team: Green Bay Packers
    Regular Season Record: 16-0
    Best Rookie: Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix
    Most looking forward to seeing: Packers smashing every scoring record imaginable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/

Pretty interesting to play around with and might help a few people make their predictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

AFC Wildcards: Philadelphia Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs

NFC North Winner: Minnesota Vikings
    NFC East Winner: Dallas Cowboys
    NFC Wildcards: San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers

AFC Championship Game: New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos
    NFC Championship Game: New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers

Super Bowl: New England Patriots Vs San Francisco 49ers
    Super Bowl Winner: San Francisco 49ers

MVP: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)
    Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)
    Defensive Player of the Year: Von Miller (Broncos)
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Blake Brotles (Jaguars)
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jadeveon Clowney (Texans)
    Comeback Player of the Year: Julio Jones (Falcons)

Surprise Team (Good): Jacksonville Jaguars
    Surprise Team (Bad): New York Giants
    Breakout Player: Kyle Rudolph
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: RGIII

Worst Overall Record: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-14)

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Ryan Nassib replaces Eli after a 2-6 start.

Your own team: San Francisco 49ers
    Regular Season Record: 13-3
    Best Rookie: Carlos Hyde
    Most looking forward to seeing: The players that step up on our defense to fill a lot of gaps left from injuries and players leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

AFC North Winner: Baltimore
    AFC South Winner: Indianapolis
    AFC East Winner: New England
    AFC West Winner: Denver
    AFC Wildcards: Cincinnati, Houston

NFC North Winner: Chicago
    NFC East Winner: Philadelphia
    NFC West Winner: Seattle
    NFC Wildcards: Green Bay, San Francisco

AFC Championship Game: New England @ Denver
    NFC Championship Game: Philadelphia @ Seattle

Super Bowl: New England Vs Philadelphia
    Super Bowl Winner: New England

MVP: Manning (Broncos)
    Offensive Player of the Year: Manning (Broncos)
    Defensive Player of the Year: Watt (Texans)
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Bortles (Jaguars)
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Clowney (Texans)
    Comeback Player of the Year: RGIII (Redskins) - out of hope more than conviction!

Surprise Team (Good): Houston
    Surprise Team (Bad): Dallas
    Breakout Player: Jordan Reed (Washington) - homer pick!
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Mr. Football in Cleveland

Worst Overall Record: Oakland (2-14)
    Audacious Prediction of the Season: ?? I'll have to come back to that

Your own team: Washington
    Regular Season Record: 7-9
    Best Rookie: Ryan Grant
    Most looking forward to seeing: RGIII not getting killed by Watt/Clowney in week 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thanks to Masked Man for the link. Here's my divisional predictions:

66354ef71ec7270c7803ab5714c4967c.png873441e3c54ad036e5d877876731b642.png

AFC Wildcards: Baltimore Ravens, San Diego Chargers

NFC Wildcards: San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears

Super Bowl: Broncos vs Seahawks
    Super Bowl Winner: Seahawks

Defensive Player of the Year: JJ Watt will be, though I doubt he gets the award as I don't think the Texans will be up to much. I'll say Earl Thomas.
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Sammy Watkins
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Khalil Mack
    Comeback Player of the Year: Does Rodgers count? If not, Julio Jones.

Surprise Team (Good): Tampa Bay. New coach with a young roster that is actually quite talented and should improve a lot. QB situation is not the best to say the least, but they've some big talent at wideout and Doug Martin can get it done on the ground. They'll be solid defensively and are in for a good season IMO.

Surprise Team (Bad): Arizona. I think it will be tough for them to replicate last season and will decline a good bit. Injuries are having a big impact on their defense and I think Palmer will regress too. Tough division too. About 6 wins for me. Carolina also. I see very little real talent on the O aside from Cam and the O-line has been demolished. A tough year ahead for them I think with the Buccaneers set to pass them by.

Breakout Player: Toby Gerhart. I thought he was impressive with limited enough action behind Peterson in Minnesota. Jaguars should run the ball a lot this year which will give him a huge chance to prove he can be a true #1 RB in the NFL.

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Andre Johnson. He doesn't really want to be in Houston any more and I think he might mail it in after half a season when he gets sick of horrible QB play.

Worst Overall Record: Raiders or Bills, I have both with equal records.

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Can't really think of one to be honest.

Your own team: Baltimore Ravens

Regular Season Record: 11-5. A jump up from last season for sure but with a new offense, additions of players such as Steve Smith and having Pitta back should see the offense greatly improved. The run game needs to get significantly better but hopefully will in the zone scheme. Worried a bit about the right side of the line but again, the zone scheme might negate that.

Best Rookie: CJ Mosley.

Most looking forward to seeing: A hopefully vastly improved offense, especially in the run game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

AFC Wildcards: San Diego Chargers, New York Jets

NFC Wildcards: San Francisco 49ers, Minnesota Vikings

AFC Championship Game: Denver Broncos vs New England Patriots
    NFC Championship Game: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl: Denver Broncos vs Green Bay Packers
    Super Bowl Winner: Denver Broncos

MVP: Peyton Manning
    Defensive Player of the Year: JJ Watt
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Jordan Matthews
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Aaron Donald

Surprise Team (Good): Minnesota Vikings

Surprise Team (Bad): Carolina Panters

Breakout Player: Toby Gerhart

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: JFF

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Eli to break the single season interception record!

Your own team: New York Jets

Regular Season Record: 10-6

Best Rookie: Jace Amaro

Most looking forward to seeing: Geno and Decker Lighting up Judas at Meadowlands and Foxboro:D But seriously looking forward to Mo, D-ROY, Snacks and the rest of the front 7 causing absolute mayhem for opposing offenses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

AFC Wildcards: San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens

NFC Wildcards: Atlanta Falcons, Chicago Bears

AFC Championship Game: Patriots @ Broncos
    NFC Championship Game: Packers @ Saints

Super Bowl: Broncos vs Packers
    Super Bowl Winner: Denver Broncos

Offensive Player of the Year: Demarius Thomas
    Defensive Player of the Year: Lavonte David
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Kelvin Benjamin
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Ha Ha Dix

Surprise Team (Good): Atlanta Falcons. I think they lose the first game to the Saints but Matt Ryan covers for a poor defence and leads the team to a 10-6 record with the receiving core and the last wild card spot.

Surprise Team (Bad): San Francisco 49rs. Bit of a bold shout but I just feel that after their sustained success in the NFC the last few years, I think there might be a drop off. Bowman and Aldon Smith out early and guys like Willis, Boldin and Justin Smith having another year on the clock might spell trouble in San Fran.

Breakout Player: Randall Cobb. He's in a contract year and seems very focused. He will get a lot of single coverage with the amount of weapons that Green Bay have and I think he will line up all over the place and be a real handful.

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: You never want to see anyone going badly but I think Marshawn Lynch might struggle this year with perhaps a lesser work load on him given the improvement of Michael and Turban.

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders -- just a woeful franchise the past few years and if they stick with Schaub I think this is a done deal.

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees to break every single season passing record between them this year.

Your own team: Green Bay Packers

Best Rookie: Ha Ha Dix. I hope he is the ball hawking safety that we need in pass coverage.

Most looking forward to seeing: Two things. Can't wait to see if Clay Mattews and Julius Peppers dovetail and become a real duo to be feared off the edge. That and the offence. The offence they have there now is scary and if Nelson, Cobb, Lacy and of course Rodgers stay healthy, it could be the unit to take them back to the promised land.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

AFC North Winner: Baltimore Ravens
    AFC Wildcards: Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers

NFC East Winner: Washington Redskins
    NFC West Winner: San Francisco 49ers
    NFC Wildcards: Chicago Bears, Seattle Seahawks

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Colts
    NFC Championship Game: Saints vs 49ers

Super Bowl: Patriots vs 49ers
    Super Bowl Winner: 49ers

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
    Defensive Player of the Year: Patrick Willis
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Brandon Cooks
    Comeback Player of the Year: Rob Gronkowski
    Surprise Team (Good): Tennessee Titans
    Surprise Team (Bad): Carolina Panthers
    Breakout Player: . Cordarrelle Patterson
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Cam Newton

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders 2-14

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Peyton Manning not to feature in the top 3 QB's of 2014.

Your own team: San Francisco 49ers

Best Rookie: Carlos Hyde

Most looking forward to seeing: Kaepernick with a good receiving corp to throw to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

AFC Wildcards: San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens

NFC Wildcards: Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Super Bowl: Patriots vs Seahawks
    Super Bowl Winner: Seahawks

Defensive Player of the Year: Earl Thomas
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Ryan Shazier
    Comeback Player of the Year: Rob Gronkowski
    Surprise Team (Good): Buccaneers/Vikings
    Surprise Team (Bad): Chiefs
    Breakout Player: Cordarelle Patterson
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: RG3

Worst Overall Record: Washington Redskins, 4-12

Audacious Prediction of the Season: After 0 rookie QB's start the season, 5 will be their franchises starter by seasons end. (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, Mettenberger). EDIT: Just saw that Carr was named starter so that's that out the window.

Your own team: Seattle Seahawks

Regular Season Record: 13-3

Best Rookie: Paul Richardson

Most looking forward to seeing: Fully fit Percy Harvin play a whole season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

AFC North Winner: Baltimore Ravens
    AFC Wildcards: Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

NFC North Winner: Minnesota Vikings
    NFC Wildcards: San Francisco 49'ers, Green Bay Packers

AFC Championship Game: Ravens vs Chiefs

Super Bowl: Saints vs Chiefs

Defensive Player of the Year: Robert Quinn
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Brandon Cooks
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: C J Mosley
    Comeback Player of the Year: Von Miller

Surprise Team (Good): Jacksonville Jaguars (9-7) pound the rock with Toby Gerhart and Bortles takes over by Week 6. The Jags D line play fearsome defense and the Jags reach respectability with a record over 0.500

Surprise Team (Bad): Cincinnati Bengals (8-8) The Bengals won't make it to the playoffs for the 4th year in a row. The loss of their two coordinators hits them hard and while the head coach is good the team slide to an average season.

Breakout Player: Toby Gerhart. Leaves Minnesota as AP's backup and get the spotlight on himself. The offense in Jacksonville goes through Gerhart

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: RGIII : Jay Gruden can't turn him around and fans are subjected to obscure poetic tweets and bitching excuses to the media. Fans turn on him by Week 12 and Kirk Cousins comes in but the Redskins miss the playoffs yet again.

Worst Overall Record: Atlanta Falcons (3-13) The slide of this franchise continues and Arthur Blank will be having mass sackings by the end of the season.

Audacious Prediction of the Season: The NFL reverse this ridiculous persecution of defensive backs. Can't breathe on a receiver without getting a flag :roll eyes: By week 8 adjustments are made

Your own team: Baltimore Ravens

Regular Season Record: 11-5 which is good enough to win the division
    Best Rookie: C J Mosley. The future leader of the defense he has shown excellent capacity to learn the defense and if Daryl Smith is ever hurt this rookie MLB will be calling out the plays.
    Most looking forward to seeing: A proper run game!! Last season the Ravens run game was the laughing stock of the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

AFC North Winner: Ravens
    AFC South Winner: Colts
    AFC East Winner: Patriots
    AFC West Winner: Broncos
    AFC Wildcards: Titans, Chargers

NFC North Winner: Packers
    NFC South Winner: Saints
    NFC East Winner: Eagles
    NFC West Winner: Seahawks
    NFC Wildcards: 49ers, Panthers
    NFC Championship Game: Seahawks vs Saints

Super Bowl: Broncos vs Saints
    Super Bowl Winner: Broncos

Defensive Player of the Year: Earl Thomas
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Kelvin Benjamin
    Comeback Player of the Year: Doug Martin

Surprise Team (Good): Panthers. Everyone is expecting a massive regression, but think they have actually improved at WR and if they keep JStew and DWill healthy they might be able to florish despite the concerns at Oline.

Surprise Team (Bad): Bengals. Could be a rude awaking when they realise they have overpaid for Dalton and are stuck with him at QB for the next few years.

Breakout Player: Jack Locker

Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Dalton (see above)

Worst Overall Record: Oakland Raiders (2-14).

Audacious Prediction of the Season: 4+ receivers to have over 1700 yards.

Your own team: Giants
    Regular Season Record: 7-9.
    Best Rookie: Andre Williams
    Most Looking Forward to Seeing: JPP healthy and back in 2011 form

Advertisement