Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord ES GT 2.2D

Options
  • 16-09-2015 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on the Honda Accord's ES GT 2.2D, looking to hear from people who have them / have driven them as to the pro's / con's.

I'm thinking of travelling to the UK to pick one up shortly, seem to be great spec over there for resonable money, even with the crap exchange rate.

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My main problem would be always wishing you'd held out for an ex gt.
    mpg isn't amazing on them, mid 40s.
    I was looking for a used one for the brother a few months ago and there were so many bad ones out there. You might have better luck in the UK.
    They're not as fast as you might imagine, compared to the civic they're quite slow. Not surprising given that they're much bigger I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

did he get one in the end?

I was thinking along the the same lines regarding the EX but the only real differences I can see is xenon lights and full leather heated seats? Things I can live without

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The rare Type S 180 is what you want to be aiming for. Has most of the toys of both ES GT and EX. 180bhp too instead of the standard 150bhp. Launched in 2010, it also got the facelifted grill and headlights before the other models.

dub_dan wrote: »
    did he get one in the end?

I was thinking along the the same lines regarding the EX but the only real differences I can see is xenon lights and full leather heated seats? Things I can live without

You get things like memory seats and other bits too.

He ended up getting an A4 instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

It hasnt happened to me but the DPF clogging is a common problem. If you want to hear about horror stories, you will find them on any car. Go to http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/ and have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

bazz26 wrote: »
    The rare Type S 180 is what you want to be aiming for. Has most of the toys of both ES GT and EX. 180bhp too instead of the standard 150bhp. Launched in 2010, it also got the facelifted grill and headlights before the other models.

This is what I went for last year and have absolutely no regrets.

You are correct about rarity though - there are rarely even 10 saloon models available in the entire UK Autotrader.

Just about makes it into the <155 g/km tax band too - but are usually quite an expensive model to buy.

I remember looking at one here a few years ago and the money being asked for it was mental. Brand new I think they were retailing at over 45k here.

Still asking silly money:
    http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Honda/Accord/2.2-I/201014422286302410/

You can get new ones for about €33k. Obviously not to that spec

With those horrible fitted 16" rims.

Advertisement