Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey Hairs

Options
  • 13-04-2014 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

Whites or Caucasians whatever you want to call them apparently go grey sooner than their black cousins. Whites can begin to the lose the tone as early as their late 20s, many even before that. Blacks on average tend to keep it till mid to late 40s.

Anyone here have grey hairs, Im 25 and still of colour but I think I'd dye my doo if it changed. I don't want the salt and pepper look until about 45 or so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Yep, when my hair grows a tad longer I look like a school jumper that's been attacked by a chalk duster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

First grey hair got a footing when I was 17 or 18. I'm 34 now, salt and pepper hair as the gf calls it. Grey strips in my beard too.
    Still have all my hair, I prefer to go grey instead of bald

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Noel Gallagher is a celebrity who once dyed his mop but is now letting natural forces take over. In a recent interview he stated that his hair started greying between Morning Glory and Be Here Now when he was between 29 and 30. He dyed the ****e out of it for years on the record companies recommendation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I do have a bunch of them yeah I dye my hair a different colour anyway so duno how bad it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Going grey is really no big deal whatsoever when you consider a lot of guys are bald, or start balding, by their 20's. A packet of dye that costs a few euro is the easy fix if its required, but all in all I don't think grey hairs are anything to worry about at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Find the odd grey in my beard/tache but none in my head hair. My hair is light blonde though so it'd be hard to notice. Have two friends who are mid 20s and are completely bald though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I started going grey at around 23/24, don't really mind, hair dye is not my kinda thing. I kind of like my grey streaks though :)

Eric Bischoff is another guy, Worked for WWF and ran WCW when they peaked in the mid to late 90s. He was was gone white at 22 and dyed his mop jet black for years after.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've bits of grey appearing in my hair the past 3 years. I'm 32. My dad fidnt start going grey till he was in his 50s. My grandfather was pure white buy a full set of hair upto 94.

As has been said, I'd rather be going grey than bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I find it hard to decipher between what might be a white hair, or just very pale blonde.

My parents are starting to get more white hairs now, that stand out from the blonde. But I think it's less noticeable than on people with dark hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I find it hard to decipher between what might be a white hair, or just very pale blonde.

My parents are starting to get more white hairs now, that stand out from the blonde. But I think it's less noticeable than on people with dark hair.

Ha! Samsiez. I think I'm just fooling myself at this stage though. Noticed more of them in the last few months and I'm less than a month off my 34th birthday. I don't care. I'll probably start getting blonde highlights when they become more prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I found my first grey hair a couple of months ago (42).

I have a thick head of mousey brown hair and will be proud to go grey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I think redheads get them way earlier - there was a guy in my secondary school with a white streak, and I've been getting the odd one since I was seven. I've a fair smattering dose of them now, at 38, so I'm starting to look blonde. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

35 in a few months, and have had White hairs in the beard around the chin for a year or so.When I first saw them I took them out with a tweesers before realising how stoopid/futile it was.

Have the greys behind the ears now too.Just going to go with the flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

Started going grey when I was 16, it only really started to take over when I was in my late 20's, it's now grey with black streaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

When I was about forty my gingery brown mo starter to get white hairs and eventually turned all white and then I started to get a few grey hairs on top.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

I have 3 grey hairs on my head. My hairs a bit longer than usual.
    Its funny going bald frightens me yet I've shaved my head since 15. The only time it gets long is when I cant be bothered to shave it.
    If I was an intelligent man I'd welcome baldness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

jane82 wrote: »
    I have 3 grey hairs on my head. My hairs a bit longer than usual.
    Its funny going bald frightens me yet I've shaved my head since 15. The only time it gets long is when I cant be bothered to shave it.
    If I was an intelligent man I'd welcome baldness.

If you wer an intelligent man you wouldn't be called jane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Tigger wrote: »
    If you wer an intelligent man you wouldn't be called jane

Its an anagram of lord rupert. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Muise... wrote: »
    I think redheads get them way earlier - there was a guy in my secondary school with a white streak, and I've been getting the odd one since I was seven. I've a fair smattering dose of them now, at 38, so I'm starting to look blonde. :eek:

I would agree with this, am 26 and have a good smattering of them.... Least it's white and not grey! Kind of sad anyway though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I found my first grey hair a couple of months ago (42).

I have a thick head of mousey brown hair and will be proud to go grey.

I have a white rabbit on my head , from a distance he looks like a hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I had three grey hairs from about 25-27. I wasn't impressed then when at 27, my temples went totally grey. I have been dying my hair for years but now the roots get so noticable that I really have to dye it every 8 weeks. I am 31! It's a nightmare! My ma didn't get her first grey til her early fifties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Started getting the odd grey hair when I was 22/23 and still get the odd one extra every few months. I have alot of red in my facial hair if I let it grow more than 2 days too. So I'm dark brown with a bit grey and top and red on the bottom. I'm a right mongrel altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Not a gray rib yet anyway Im only 45 though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I've got grey, silver, white, yellow, red, black and brown hairs in my beard but none that I've seen in on my head yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Started getting the odd grey hair when I was 22/23 and still get the odd one. I have alot of red in my facial hair if I let it grow more than 2 days too. So I'm dark brown with a bit grey and top and red on the bottom. I'm a right mongrel altogether.

It is strange. Most men I know get ginger beards. My boyfriend and brothers all have dark hair but all get these golden orangey hairs in their beards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I started getting some greys on the parting in my hair in my early 30's, I'm 41 now and there's more of them. I dye my hair so it's not really an issue. My husband is 45 and he has quite a few at the sides of his hair, but I think they look really good.

Greys can add character to a man and are far more attractive to women than dyed hair:)

I started getting some greys on the parting in my hair in my early 30's, I'm 41 now and there's more of them. I dye my hair so it's not really an issue. My husband is 45 and he has quite a few at the sides of his hair, but I think they look really good.

Greys can add character to a man and are far more attractive to women than dyed hair:)

There used to be a saying in the Golden age of Hollywood that men don't age. They become distinguised looking. The likes of Humphrey Bogart got his break throgh this, his breakthrough flick the Maltese Falcon had him at 41. High Sierra was well recieved but he didn't get over weith the peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have quite a bit of grey now. I had none into my thirties, and then after a really stressful time in work suddenly noticed I had sprouted a load of greys. Then I had an accident, and a couple of operations, and another big rush of grey hair. I literally had all this hair on my head that had two inches of white at the root and was normal after that. Super. Obviously I dye the sh*t out of it, but it's still a bit annoying.

Don't even get me started on the grey pubes tho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I started getting grey hairs when i became a father

Advertisement