Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DS DH DD and other D'isms

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

STFU SFP.

Now, how am I supposed to sit the fcuk up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Now, how am I supposed to sit the fcuk up?

RTFM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I can somewhat understand people using acronyms when texting (it's still a bit lazy mind), but doing so when typing is ridiculous. It takes most people at most about 2/3 seconds to type a word surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

It takes most people at most about 2/3 seconds to type a word surely?

Shirley.

It took me 3 seconds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can somewhat understand people using acronyms when texting (it's still a bit lazy mind), but doing so when typing is ridiculous. It takes most people at most about 2/3 seconds to type a word surely?

It takes me about a second to type Ed Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Nermal

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I always thought DP meant something else.

<_<

>_>

Donkey punch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

GILF - a goat I'd like to farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Would you be happy with HS? Isn't it just used to shortened words. Have you an issue with the abbreviations or what they mean?

I think that calling "having sex" "DTD" is ridiculous- i don't see why the phrase needs to be shortened and also I think using that particular euphemism for having sex is childish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

DILLIGAS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

sam34 wrote: »
    I think that calling "having sex" "DTD" is ridiculous- i don't see why the phrase needs to be shortened and also I think using that particular euphemism for having sex is childish.

I have to say I disagree. Everyone to their one.

Abbreviations don't offend me nor cause me to cast judgement on those who use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Baby Daddy. Why can't they just say father? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yeah, like POV, MILF, BDSM, BBW

wtf like!
    NSFW

sligojoek wrote: »
    NSFW

Never Seen Fred West?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Baby Daddy. Why can't they just say father? :confused:

I agree. "Luke, I am your baby daddy" just does not have the same ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I get the whole DTD thing.

You are hardly going to say in the context of trying to conceive.

"We fcuked/shagged/had sex 4 times today as I was ovulating"

"DTD 4 times today as I was ovulating" is far more appropriate when you have to talk about it in near clinical terms.
    '3 DPO now. Had great EWCM this month so we DTD as much as possible. Fingers crossed for a BFP.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Afaicr these terms were discouraged from boards as they were instigated on another parenting website (rollerc#######ie)..

Am I wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

'3 DPO now. Had great EWCM this month so we DTD as much as possible. Fingers crossed for a BFP.'

Durty :p

That makes prefect sense in context, probably.

If a mate texted it to me, I would be, wtf (what the fcuk) :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Durty :p

That makes prefect sense in context, probably.

If a mate texted it to me, I would be, wtf (what the fcuk) :p

Or if someone launched into it when their partner walked in the door from work. "Amazing EWCM today. Let's go DTD."

Sexeh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

I had no idea what dd and dw etc were for and whenever I read them anywhere,I just thought of de husband or de wife , I'm from inner city dublin and would hear 'the 'change to 'de ' all the time !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Will you all collect your respective acronyms & PFO. Leave me in peace to watch BBC on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Red Alert wrote: »
    These no doubt are the very same people that would get irritated by text-speak

What makes you think that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah, I always find that stuff a bit off. Start thinking did I forget about something I need to know about the kid every now and then, only to remember where abouts I was reading stuff. Took me ages to get used to "LO." And I still double back to re-read it every time I see it. I'll never to that to my son. Nu-uh.

well... maybe LB, Little Bastard

on a technicality. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

QF

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

I know it's used on boards quite frequently but "OH' is the most overused and overrated acronym.

I cringe when I see people using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Zed Bank wrote: »
    I know it's used on boards quite frequently but "OH' is the most overused and overrated acronym.

I cringe when I see people using it.
    It could be worse. It would be DOH :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What's ffs? ffs!

You called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

TIL. It originated on Reddit (I think) but it seems to have become more widespread lately.

DH, DD etc are irritating but they seem to be more common on some other Irish discussion forums which I won't name here!

SamAK wrote: »
    DILLIGAS?

Does It Look Like I Gagged A Sausage.
    You called?

Oh haaaaaaaay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Does It Look Like I Gagged A Sausage

DILLIGAS

Does-It-Look-Like-I-Give-A-sh1t?

or

Duty is Learned