Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your least favourite beer

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Banjoxed wrote: »
    First rule of Public Relations: repeat often enough until a sufficient number believe
    Remember Toyota and the "best built cars in the world" slogan ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26950970
    Overall, the company has recalled more than 25 million vehicles over the past two-and-a-half years.
    For a company that makes 10 million vehicles a year that is pretty impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Miller Pilsner is f'kin horrid

I'm suprised with all the people saying Budweiser. It's popular to hate, would have thought people would go for something that is truly just awful rather than Bud which is just kind of tasteless and light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Over in New Zealand for the Lions tour, we drank Mac's Gold. The worst, and most heinous excuse for beer I've ever tried. It's like mixing cat piss and Guinness farts to make a drink only the devil would contemplate drinking. It's honestly a never again drink.

On the good side, in Slovakia they drink Saris, which is fcukin devine.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Owldshtok wrote: »
    Ace

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eight-Ace/206102586115033

At 1.49 for 8 cans its got to be muck
    https://www.inter-comics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/8-Ace.jpg

https://www.inter-comics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/8-Ace.jpg

Ere, it's not fookin' muck ya rotten oul b-b-b-b-BITCH! :D

Joking aside Carling is truly awful stuff. My Dad often buys it and drinks it straight from the press, warm :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

I really hate Harp which is a shame as it's an Irish beer.
    I'm told lots of new Irish beers are coming on the market so I'll have to try some when it get back to Ireland

I would have thought that all beer is fairly undrinkable and an acquired taste - at least it was with me. Bottled beer of any type is pure muck and should only be drunk as a last resort i.e. if the draught has run out or you're in one of those increasingly rare pubs that only stock bottled beer. As for describing Guinness as disgusting......nectar of the Gods!! I still stick with my original choice - Harp - disgusting from the bottle or keg. :D

An acquired taste alright but some beers are just nicer than others. Nothing wrong with bottled beer, it can often be better than draught and many of the best beers you can buy in Ireland are only available in bottle from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Jamsiek wrote: »
    I'm told lots of new Irish beers are coming on the market so I'll have to try some when it get back to Ireland

I fupin love harp and smithwicks, my mates think I'm crackers but I love the taste

Can't stand carllsberg though, I wouldn't give that ****e to a sick pig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Over in New Zealand for the Lions tour, we drank Mac's Gold. The worst, and most heinous excuse for beer I've ever tried. It's like mixing cat piss and Guinness farts to make a drink only the devil would contemplate drinking. It's honestly a never again drink.
    Macs gold is a bland pale lager the same as any other, your description of it is ridiculous.

Bottled beer of any type is pure muck and should only be drunk as a last resort i.e. if the draught has run out or you're in one of those increasingly rare pubs that only stock bottled beer
    Good grief :rolleyes:

whupdedo wrote: »
    I fupin love harp and smithwicks, my mates think I'm crackers but I love the taste

Can't stand carllsberg though, I wouldn't give that ****e to a sick pig

I agree with you about Carlsberg but that is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lot of negativity towards harp. There was a time up north where you went into a pub and your choice was this. (in draught)

Bar A had Tennants, Smithwicks and Guinness.
    Bar B had Harp, Bass and Guinness.

That was your choice. And tbh, it's a long time since I've had harp, but don't recall it being too bad. Wouldn't drink it in a bar these days over of my other beers, but for me if it was all was on offer, I'd not complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

drumswan wrote: »
    Macs gold is a bland pale lager the same as any other, your description of it is ridiculous.

Your description of it as the same as any other is ridiculous. But I tend to go with my taste buds, not your obnoxious blathering.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Most European beers are pretty decent.

Although I won't drink (be ripped off) 'craft beers', its a publicans attempt to rip us off with overly inflated prices on beers which aren't good enough to make it big.

Other than that it's got to be Millers ~ its absolute gick.
    You've worked in bars & clubs just like me so you should know that publicans are buying their craft beers cheaper than the Carlsbergs, Heineken, Buds etc.. Often they're given free barrels as a 'thank you' for selling their product ~ which the publican puts on tap in the bar and further rips the customer off.

Publicans make a tidy little profit on the hipster's acquired taste for craft beers.

You're NOT getting a better product supplied to at a higher cost to the publican, you're getting an inferior product supplied cheaper and sold at inflated costs.

For someone who has worked in the pub trade for so long, it's easy to tell you which side of the bar you were standing on and how little you knew about the costings of the business.
    And if you think it's cheaper to make or buy a keg of any craft beer than it is to buy macro-produced swill like bud, heineken or basically any commercial lager you're laughably misinformed.

Seaneh wrote: »
    For someone who has worked in the pub trade for so long, it's easy to tell you which side of the bar you were standing on and how little you knew about the costings of the business.
    And if you think it's cheaper to make or buy a keg of any craft beer than it is to buy macro-produced swill like bud, heineken or basically any commercial lager you're laughably misinformed.

Nice to see you back old hand. ;)

I followed your various prison thread threads with much hilarity :D

Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel. My first quadrupel ever, and most certainly my last. I very rarely like ales, so me and Straffe Hendrik were never going to work out.

Fosters probably my least favourite lager.

Your least favourite beer is one of the best beers produced in Belgium, a country known for traditionally brewing the best beers in the world (I say traditionally because the US has probably surpassed them in the last 20ish years).

I think it's just safe to say you don't like beer.

Nice to see you back old hand. ;)

I followed your various prison thread threads with much hilarity :D

My rejoining society thread was an honest expression of my fears for my future upon release and was rather cruely almost completely ignored by the powers that be.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Carling Dutch Gold two of the vilest things I'v ever drank.

Your description of it as the same as any other is ridiculous. But I tend to go with my taste buds, not your obnoxious blathering.

Macs gold isn't a bad commercially produced pale lager, it's just a commercially produced pale lager and pale lagers are all, well, pretty bland. They are designed to be bland so as to appeal to the most people possible.

The blandest beers on the planet are the best selling, and they are all lagers and they are all like having sex in a canoe.

My rejoining society thread was an honest expression of my fears for my future upon release and was rather cruely almost completely ignored by the powers that be.

:(

I got your back.

This how you felt yesterday?

• Advertisement

I got your back.

This how you felt yesterday?

Something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Jamsiek wrote: »

Its rarely I drink but I loved Harp, Its has to be cold though but it was probably my favorite beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Your least favourite beer is one of the best beers produced in Belgium, a country known for traditionally brewing the best beers in the world (I say traditionally because the US has probably surpassed them in the last 20ish years).

I think it's just safe to say you don't like beer.

No, you're wrong there. I like lots of different beers, I basically don't drink anything else alcoholic. I like some "macro-produced swill" beers as you called it, and I've liked a fair number of craft beers that I've tried. I just didn't like Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel at all. Does everybody have to like Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel in order to like beer?

No, you're wrong there. I like lots of different beers, I basically don't drink anything else alcoholic. I like some "macro-produced swill" beers as you called it, as well as a decent number of craft beers. I just didn't like Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel at all. Does everybody have to like Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel in order to like beer?

You said earlier you "rarely like ale". Seeing as any beer that isn't lager is ale then you don't like most beer styles on the planet (ale is an extremely broad term).
    And no not everyone has to like anything. I don't like Belgian triples or wit bier or lambics or farmhouse ales which would all have examples which would be considered "world class" beers.
    The only Belgian beers I do really like are doubles, quads and the odd Flanders red lije roddenbach (sp?).

I just find it odd you'd call something like the beer you named one of your least favourites. I'd reserve a title like that for stuff that is genuinely gut wrenching like warn Budweiser or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Its rarely I drink but I loved Harp, Its has to be cold though but it was probably my favorite beer.

If it has to be cold enough it just means it is a bad beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The British do good ciders and ales, but their beers are fecking awful.

Carling is one of the most disgusting things I have ever had the displeasure of drinking. Outside of Britain I'd point towards Heino and Bud; aside from Budweiser though I find most of the other mainstream American beers to be alright!

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »

Carling is one of the most disgusting things I have ever had the displeasure of drinking. Outside of Britain I'd point towards Heino and Bud; aside from Budweiser though I find most of the other mainstream American beers to be alright!

I only discovered Carling was a Canadian beer this week.

By saying beers I assume you mean their lagers are awful?
    If so, I agree.
    Carling is one of the most disgusting things I have ever had the displeasure of drinking.
    Agreed
    Outside of Britain I'd point towards Heino and Bud
    Me too
    I find most of the other mainstream American beers to be alright!
    Fantastic range of beers from North America right now, from western Canada down to Portland Oregan.
    I'll never look at a pint of Heineken the same way again

I only discovered Carling was a Canadian beer this week.

Yes it was started by William Carling who was originally from England but emigrated to Ontario and continued the business.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Obviously there's all the usual Bud, Miller, Coors, anything with light/lite in the name. But probably the three worst beers I've ever tasted are:

Desperados - how they can get away with putting "beer" on the label of this muck is beyond me. It's supposed to have tequila added, but to me it tasted like that Club Shandy stuff you could get years ago. Truly vile stuff that I wouldn't give to my worst enemy. Or even my sister's idiot partner.
    Lomza honey beer - tasted this recently and then then poured the rest of the bottle down the sink. It's overwhelmingly sickly-sweet and smells more of honey than beer. There are a lot of good things that have come out of Poland. This isn't one of them.
    Steinlager - New Zealand's biggest export beer, apparently. Or as my Kiwi mate put it, they ship it out of the country so the locals don't have to drink it. Truly terrible beer, and it doesn't even have the excuse of having something added to it like the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Zaph wrote: »
    Or even my sister's idiot partner.

Please say your family know your admin on this and you also encourage them to use boards.

I'm gonna go pop the popcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Please say your family know your admin on this and you also encourage them to use boards.

I'm gonna go pop the popcorn

Oh god no, I come on here so i don't have to talk to my family. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

As a student who is constantly in a state of having no money, I feel that I am something of an authority on this topic. Trust me when I say that grolsch is this thread. It's only redeeming feature is it's price, and the hangover it induces is the worst I have experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I just find it odd you'd call something like the beer you named one of your least favourites. I'd reserve a title like that for stuff that is genuinely gut wrenching like warn Budweiser or something.

Well the more you know eh? Most people have probably never tried that beer, and I can't say I'm surprised.

Well the more you know eh? Most people have probably never tried that beer, and I can't say I'm surprised.

Most people who like good beer would have tried it or at least another quad like it, it's a very, very good representation of the style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Maybe the stuff they find gut-wrenching isn't the same as the stuff you find gut-wrenching. It might be that simple.

osarusan wrote: »
    Maybe the stuff they find gut-wrenching isn't the same as the stuff you find gut-wrenching. It might be that simple.

Warm budweiser is universally accepted as the most foul tasing beverage presently known to man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

That Belgian Beer Duvel is horrible. Can only drink it as a shandy with 7up in it :o

Taste buds my arse. No way could you pick Macs Gold out of a blind taste lineup of pale lagers

Advertisement