Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese takeaway - free if you're pregnant

• 12-04-2014 11:54am

Apparently pregnant women in China can't be arrested and detained, so they're going on a crime spree and getting away with it.

Do pregnant women here get any special treatment?
    Electric bicycles stolen by pregnant women, nothing can stop this?

http://www.chinahush.com/2011/04/05/electric-bicycles-stolen-by-pregnant-women-nothing-can-stop-this/

In an interview with the reporter, the policeman who handled the cases said according to the law and regulations in China, they shouldn’t arrest the women who are in the period of pregnancy or lactation. Instead, they could offer bail and organize a pending trial or handle it another way. In the course of handling the cases, there is no way to imprison those pregnant thieves once they get caught. “After all, electric bike theft is a small case rather than the major one like murder. The house of detention doesn’t take the pregnant women, for it will cause serious trouble if something happens,” he added. Therefore, most pregnant women would be subjected by the police station to administrative detention or the bail and pending trial rather than punishment. Either a guarantor or money is needed if you accept the bail and the pending trial, but if the pregnant women insist they have no money or find no one to vouch for them, the police station will have no choice but to release them.

Comments

dolanbaker wrote: »
    Apparently pregnant women in China can't be arrested and detained, so they're going on a crime spree and getting away with it.

Do pregnant women here get any special treatment?

seat on a bus? :pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Baby brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Pretty sure in china it's just called takeaway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

thats reery corazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Possibly not quite right-on thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

This should be in Bargain Alerts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Apparently pregnant women

They had the cumofsumyungguy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Jesus I'd love a Chinese takeaway now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I thought this thread was for Bargain Alerts thread.

Edit. Damn dmc17 got there before me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Rasheed wrote: »

Me too. Starvin Marvin. :mad: (an Indian one, be even better though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Me too. Starvin Marvin. :mad: (an Indian one, be even better though)

Here's what I just made :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Rasheed wrote: »

Had one earlier, it was lush. :D

Well there's that old one about a pregnant woman being able to relieve herself in a policeman's helmet in the UK. They must be taking the piss though. :pac:

Sorry, I had to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I thought this was a heads-up that if you're pregnant, you'd get a free Chinese takeaway :( I would've impregnated the next female to me to get free Chinese dinners for the next 9 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I thought this was a heads-up that if you're pregnant, you'd get a free Chinese takeaway :( I would've impregnated the next female to me to get free Chinese dinners for the next 9 months.

Jam, I'd happily bear your child for free Chinese food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Got so excited when I seen this thread cause I'm pregnant, thought I was gonna get free food. Wehhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mood swings*

*they take a swing at you for forgetting to buy chocolate..

Advertisement