Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaiser's NEW new Chariot - The Return!

• 29-06-2013 8:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all,

So as you know, last month I bought an A6 - here she is:

20130528_173804.jpg

Unfortunately, due to "technical difficulties" (turbo issues :(), she's gone back to where she came from. To be fair to the garage I bought it from they were fully willing to stand behind the car and sort out the issue... but after only 3 weeks of ownership where they had it for 2 of those and still no definite cause nevermind solution, enough was enough - deal reversed, money refunded, Passat returned (as well, in fairness, the money I spent on taxing it etc so all credit to them for that much at least).

Still, not to be discouraged, last week I found a replacement and it was delivered yesterday ....

Like the first, she's an automatic 2005 3.0 TDI Quattro (225 BHP), and like the first she has the multi-function steering wheel, auto lights and wipers, full colour MMI/display, 6-cd changer, rear parking sensors, full leather and a full dealer history.... but no sunroof this time and she's not even a D-reg!! :eek: :p

Still, to help me get over that, she DOES also have....

- Factory xenon headlights with DRL and cornering functions
    - Flappy-Paddle gearbox controls
    - BOSE sound system
    - Audi Media Interface (AMI) with iPod and USB connections
    - Electric front seats (both sides) with memory function
    - Upgraded Climate Control system
    - All-round Parking Sensors
    - Electric rear sun blind
    - Auto-dimming rear view mirror
    - 18" BBS Alloys
    - 6 month main (BMW) dealer warranty

Amazingly, she's a one previous owner Irish car, not an import!
    Strangely though there doesn't seem to be Bluetooth on this one so that'll need to be sorted out and (I don't know how I missed this at the time but I just assumed it was there I guess :o) no cruise control!

So anyway, without further waffling on my part... here she is!

20130629_072942.jpg

20130629_073059.jpg

20130629_073136.jpg

... All things considered, I think I've done alright! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

thought I had deja vu for a minute there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Happy motoring! Lovely car, enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Best of luck it it.

Your experience just goes to show that not all car dealers are bad, some will actually stand over cars they sell ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Beautiful looking car.

How do you find the ride on the 18s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Stunning example, plenty of toys too!

Pity about bluetooth, do wonder peoples mad choices when it comes to the options list! Can you get a factory bluetooth kit retrofitted maybe? Did it for my Golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Best of luck with the new new car :D hopefully no more problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Bloomfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best of luck it it.

Your experience just goes to show that not all car dealers are bad, some will actually stand over cars they sell ;)

Indeed but unfortunately George, the good guys are in far shorter supply than the amount of chancers in it for a quick buck.

BTW, well wear OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

damo86 wrote: »
    Stunning example, plenty of toys too!

Pity about bluetooth, do wonder peoples mad choices when it comes to the options list! Can you get a factory bluetooth kit retrofitted maybe? Did it for my Golf.

Well id say it was only around that time that Bluetooth was starting to come out (if I remember right) - and what a lot of drivers on the road a lot would do is get an aftermarket Bluetooth fitted - or there was the option of the bluetooth earpiece - those started getting really popular when the Gardaí started clamping down big time on using mobiles when driving.

I remember in 06/7 the van drivers in my old job that I had then - getting those earpiece things. Funny you mention a Golf - because the first time I ever saw a Bluetooth kit was an aftermarket installation in a Golf.

In fairness though to the original owner of this Audi - at least he or she did go for a proper engine (3 litr) and did at least spec this car up to a suitable standard for an executive car. Most Irish people would buy the smallest engine and the lowest spec possible.

Hence all the 1.6 Avensis sold in Mk 2 form with basic stripped out spec - when what the car really wanted was a 2 litre engine with a nice spec.

best of luck with the car OP - hope this one goes better for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭ofcork

Good luck with it i have heard of that gen a6 giving grief alright , manager at work had an 05 which gave a bit of trouble and his 2012 2l diesel was back last week with gearbox trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

best of luck Kaiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thanks for the well-wishes all :)

Been away for the weekend so have done about 700 km in the last few days. Very nice drive but noticeably harder on the 18's alright - still, that said she's very smooth and quiet at motorway speeds.

The lack of Bluetooth/Cruise Control is annoying though (probably because I'm just so used to having it) so that'll have to be sorted. Anyone able to tell me what I'll need to retrofit these and rough pricing?

Is the Cruise just a matter of getting the stalk and coding it? How about the factory Bluetooth?

Oh I also discovered that the passenger side mirror drops automatically when you put it in reverse and the electric rear blind drops as well, then both go back up when you put it back in Drive and move off - very nice touch! :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Usually on VAGs for bluetooth it's a matter of getting the module and coding it plus the mic. I'd get a subtle cheap Nokia kit and hide the bits.

For the cruise there's a guy in Galway does it but your best bet it to PM George for that as he's closer.

Lovely wagon, I like the BBS's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Thanks for the well-wishes all :)

Been away for the weekend so have done about 700 km in the last few days. Very nice drive but noticeably harder on the 18's alright - still, that said she's very smooth and quiet at motorway speeds.

The lack of Bluetooth/Cruise Control is annoying though (probably because I'm just so used to having it) so that'll have to be sorted. Anyone able to tell me what I'll need to retrofit these and rough pricing?

Is the Cruise just a matter of getting the stalk and coding it? How about the factory Bluetooth?

Oh I also discovered that the passenger side mirror drops automatically when you put it in reverse and the electric rear blind drops as well, then both go back up when you put it back in Drive and move off - very nice touch! :)

Cheers!

the cruise is just a stalk and code job as far as I know, shouldnt be that much. Call an Audi dealer up north and get a price on the OEM bluetooth module, you can have it coded and fitted by an indie down here. Best off keeping it all as OEM as possible.

i have a parrot kit in my car mki9200 and it works very well give a shout if you want any details.

+1 for George - sound lad

Thanks guys.. I'll give Audi up North a call in the morning so and see what they say.

dh0011: I had an Mki9200 in my last Passat and I agree it's a great kit :) In this case though, with the steering wheel controls, MMI and so on all ready to go I'll take the hit on the OEM module

Glad to hear the Cruise sounds like an easy enough job. Must give George a shout in the morning too so :)

that said no matter how good an aftermarket kit is it will never look as good as something designed with that car in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

George fitted the OEM cruise to my 01 TT recently: well worth it. Considering how reasonable it is afterwards, it must cost pennies when new, so why it wasn't fitted then escapes me.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Electric seats this time! :)

Lovely wagon, I like the BBS's.

I actually haven't decided on them. They are nice but I can't make up my mind if they're a bit boy racerish? Against that though, they do make her stand out a bit more....

• Advertisement

Electric seats this time! :)

Yep.. though it's taken me all weekend to get it where I want it and I'm STILL tweaking it a bit! :P Being able to save it will be handy though!

Advertisement