Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with tradespersons

Options
  • 29-03-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi folks, I would be interested in your views and advice on this one!
    Myself and my family live in rented accommodation and have been in this particular house for decades!
    Recently our landlord foisted some trades people on us to do some work. The work required them to visit and work in every room. One room in particular has been used as a storage room. The most important consideration for them was access, which was duly granted to them for each room!
    They raised no issues with us and were not treated badly and seemed happy to be there!
    Then came the shock, when they had finished their work, they reported us to our landlord over clutter issues and that the place needed redecoration (we are responsible for this under the terms and conditions).
    The landlord sent a nasty letter to us and told us to sort it and we will be checked up on!
    What annoyed me was the sly. duplicitous nature of what these so called tradespersons/spies did, they have evidently proven, they cannot be trusted!
    They left quite a mess behind them, including a fairly dangerous substance, they have no Garda Vetting, despite having access to the bedrooms of children and old people, they knocked a phone of a wall and a piece of a smoke alarm from the ceiling. They were also using my chargers and leads to charge phones without permission and one of them left a stench like Chernobyl behind him in the toilet! I have checked with other people who have had the misfortune to have these highly unprofessional yellow pack lads in their homes and there is quite a bit of unhappiness with them!
    Where do we stand and is there any forum in which I can warn others out there, e.g. tradesperson review sites!
    Thank you for your help and advice.

Comments

Advertisement