Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scientology according to Tom Cruise

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Don't you think its a little weird that the members of this cult are not physically or mentally able to see where the origins of this movement originate?

Plus L.Ron was renowned for his one true talent of hypnosis...

Its clear to see that they are all brainwashed.

It makes me think that alien stuff isn't an important part of their religion. I would imagine there are many parts of the bible (etc.) which are nuts, so I wouldn't personally focus on that stuff when discrediting them.

The fact that -

1. You have to pay them money
    2. L Ron Hubbard was a scumbag

- is what makes me distrust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

I just had a scarey thought.. as Scientology is alive and well in Ireland, there is a high possibility that a member of this "movement" will read my and many others comments on this post and report us to their local OSA wing for a spot of "Fair game" harassment!

*hides*

I just had a scarey thought.. as Scientology is alive and well in Ireland, there is a high possibility that a member of this "movement" will read my and many others comments on this post and report us to their local OSA wing for a spot of "Fair game" harassment!

*hides*
    :D

/dials up the nearest OSA to rat on Seosamh1976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

It's not that he's a bad person - he's just brainwashed. People like him are immune to logic and reason. He does believe he is doing the right thing. He sounds like a religious fundamentalist... just replace 'SP' with 'Infidel'. The way he talks about 'them and us' is frightening, and a sure sign of the real dangers of ANY religion.

If it 'works' for him, fine - he has millions of dollars and a huge income, but the poor vulnerable people who will no doubt be attracted to this 'answer to everything wrong with the world' cult will have their lives destroyed. Remember also, that Cruise is the most famous $cientologist, and the 'church' is only too aware of his influential status. They wouldn't do or say anything to upset him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

nij wrote: »
    It's not that he's a bad person - he's just brainwashed. People like him are immune to logic and reason. He does believe he is doing the right thing. He sounds like a religious fundamentalist... just replace 'SP' with 'Infidel'. The way he talks about 'them and us' is frightening, and a sure sign of the real dangers of ANY religion.
    Very well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

EDIT: Sorry saw someone else just posted the link to Cruise's acceptance speech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Here is a clever remix funnier than the original

Tom tries to recruit Will Smith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

What a fcuking nutcase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Double post, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stargal wrote: »
    Threads merged. And stay on topic everyone, this is Celeb and Showbiz, not Scientology versus Catholicism ;)

Out of interest, would this put anyone off going to see a Tom Cruise film? I was never exactly his biggest fan (loved Vanilla Sky but not a lot else) but now, unless it was meant to be brilliant, I probably wouldn't go to see one of his films. He's just too weird.

To be honest, yeah probably. As you say, unless its supposed to be something exceptional ill be stearing clear of Mr Cruise for the foreseeable future. On top of him just being an obsessive zealot, I'd rather not supply him with any money to be plowed back into Scientology.

Advertisement