Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA?

Options
  • 21-03-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I'm planning on applying for BTEA in September, I've already been awarded a place in a course. I have been out of school three years, then did a Fetac 5 two years ago.

I plan on doing a follow on level 6.

When should I apply and how long does the process take?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

only part thats holds it up is you have to be registered with the college so whether that's been there in September and registering then or online before is what will hold it up, now in saying that welfare offices seem to act independently and it could be much simpler for you

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LastOutlaw12

mightyreds wrote: »
    only part thats holds it up is you have to be registered with the college so whether that's been there in September and registering then or online before is what will hold it up, now in saying that welfare offices seem to act independently and it could be much simpler for you

As in, have my fees paid? Forgive me I'm ignorant! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

As in, have my fees paid? Forgive me I'm ignorant! haha

No what happened for me was, I had to register with the college in my course, if you have susi approval for the grant you can register with no hassle, if not you have to pay a deposit that's returned when the grant is completed. So then for btea you need a letter from the college to say you're registered but registration usually isn't till around aug-sep so even though you can apply early it still won't get finalised till you have this letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LastOutlaw12

mightyreds wrote: »
    No what happened for me was, I had to register with the college in my course, if you have susi approval for the grant you can register with no hassle, if not you have to pay a deposit that's returned when the grant is completed. So then for btea you need a letter from the college to say you're registered but registration usually isn't till around aug-sep so even though you can apply early it still won't get finalised till you have this letter.

Ah okay, I did a course two years ago in the same college and can't remember registering. I have to pay my fees soon, I'll ask then. Bit anxious about this BTEA. I've been through about 3 people telling me I'll be grand but I just worry ahah

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

Hi ,is it possible to apply for vtos and btea at the same time, and when is the best time to apply for btea,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Go into welfare office tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

for what

Advertisement