Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i dropout do i have to repay fees

Options
  • 10-03-2015 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im currently in the fourth year of a degree course and recieving the grant f i drop out do i have to repay the grant payment i have already recieved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

No, you're not required to repay any fees. But if you decide to do another course at the same level you will be required to pay full tuition fees as well as the student contribution fee/levy, and you won't be entitled to any grant. The only way to avoid this is to wait 5 years before returning as a second chance student. - A ‘second chance student’ is someone who is aged over 23, did not successfully complete an earlier course and is returning to pursue an approved course after at least 5 years.

Dropping out in 4th year is not a decision to be made lightly. Perhaps talk to your course advisor, Counsellors/Chaplain, Career guidance service.... be very sure that you're making the right decision for you.

Advertisement