Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Systems Development Past Papers

Options
  • 18-05-2014 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

Does anyone have any Past papers or ideas of projects coming up for Software Systems Development years 3 or 4?

Looking to get a head start over the summer.

So far i believe Ruby and Android are coming up. Java is on the course since day 1 but does anyone have details of what projects are coming up in year 3?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RogueAI

When you log in to moodle got into School of Science Student Information Area, then down to past exam papers in Dept. Computing, Maths & Physics pick any year and go to System systems development and you should find at least some of the papers you're looking for in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

there isn't any specific project in 3rd year, it depends on what modules and lecturers you have. if you're lucky you might do android if not you'll probably be doing it in 4th year so learning the basics would be a good idea. i'm fairly sure i have past exam papers if you want to pm me your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

Year 3 Subjects:

GUI Development
    Advanced Databases
    User Centred Design
    Organisational IS
    Security Principles
    Elective: Software Business, Physiology, or a Language I think.

The breakdown for when I did it was:

GUI, 2 CA's 1 of which was a group CA, Swing, ADT, we created a game, also an inclass and a written.
    Advanced Databases, Oracle Forms worth 50% other 50% = exam
    User Centered Design, 100% CA, forget about programming its all about User Design stuff
    Organisational Info Systems: SAP in class exam worth 50 %, other 50% = exam
    Security Principles, 3 take home CA's Reports worth 50% other 50% = exam

Exam papers and stuff are available via Lecturers or on Moodle I deleted everything when I finished

The Electives are different according to each Software Business was 100% CA with 2 elements one of which was a large report, completed over 3 handups. while Physiology was a 50 / 50 breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

neonitrix wrote: »
    Year 3 Subjects:

GUI Development
    Advanced Databases
    User Centred Design
    Organisational IS
    Security Principles
    Elective: Software Business, Physiology, or a Language I think.

The breakdown for when I did it was:

GUI, 2 CA's 1 of which was a group CA, Swing, ADT, we created a game, also an inclass and a written.
    Advanced Databases, Oracle Forms worth 50% other 50% = exam
    User Centered Design, 100% CA, forget about programming its all about User Design stuff
    Organisational Info Systems: SAP in class exam worth 50 %, other 50% = exam
    Security Principles, 3 take home CA's Reports worth 50% other 50% = exam

Exam papers and stuff are available via Lecturers or on Moodle I deleted everything when I finished

The Electives are different according to each Software Business was 100% CA with 2 elements one of which was a large report, completed over 3 handups. while Physiology was a 50 / 50 breakdown

There has been some changes to this:

GUI Development: All Android, choose you own project most of the marks are going for this, although there is a written exam on the Android API, Architecture and Life-Cycle.

Advanced Databases: Oracle Forms is supposed to be done away with next year, not sure what they will replace it with, We had a project using MongoDB this year so this will probably continue.

User Centred Design had some web-dev stuff on the brief this year, although you could pass without meeting all requirements, you would do better if you could build a good UI and have some authentication and a database behind it.

The rest is pretty much the same.

Advertisement