Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas meter tampering

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

If that is the one that you can buy a pre-pay card for €100 for unlimited gas, it is absolutely rampant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Theres a few scams going around.... reprogramming the card/meter to get €100 of gas for €20.

Interfering with a post/bill pay meter so only some gas usage registers for cheaper bills.

Interfering with card meter so no gas registers. So get the rid of the bill and get a credit meter get the guy to "fix" the credit meter.... free gas for life or until caught.

Interfering with card meter so no gas registers. So get the rid of the bill and get a credit meter get the guy to "fix" the credit meter.... free gas for life or until caught.

Yeah, that's the one that I seem to come across.
    I wouldn't mind that one myself for oil!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Wait till water meters come in...:pac::pac:

Knew this is going on... say the number is a lot more than 200. Might be of interest to some of you lads..

http://www.thejournal.ie/gas-scam-dublin-979870-Jul2013/

Supposedly the chap who was caught fixing the meters and who is being done by the gardai for it caused 2 serious gas leaks......thats according to a Bord Gais spokesperson on the radio earlier today.

Dont know if thats for real or a form of scare mongering on Bord Gais's part??

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    Wait till water meters come in...:pac::pac:

Posted by Kilkenny CC for domestic 2013

shane0007 wrote: »
    Posted by Kilkenny CC for domestic 2013

That makes no sense to me right now....:pac:

So what sort of/amount of free water do you get,before being billed for water?

Probably not the thread to post for it as we are hijacking.
    Apologies spireland

Apologies spireland

Maybe you could open/post a new thread on this matter??:D

Oh and appoligies to the OP.:)

Supposedly the chap who was caught fixing the meters and who is being done by the gardai for it caused 2 serious gas leaks......thats according to a Bord Gais spokesperson on the radio earlier today.

Dont know if thats for real or a form of scare mongering on Bord Gais's part??

scare mongering is a phrase that gives comfort to the stupid after they have been messing with gas.

There is no scare mongering with gas, it is a dangerious substance and should be respected, with training you can limit the risk without training the risk is increased.

Although i belive in natural selection i detest people who mess around with gas as the price for a mistake is usually paid by others I find.

• Advertisement

gary71 wrote: »
    scare mongering is a phrase that gives comfort to the stupid after they have been messing with gas.

There is no scare mongering with gas, it is a dangerious substance and should be respected, with training you can limit the risk without training the risk is increased.

Although i belive in natural selection i detest people who mess around with gas as the price for a mistake is usually paid by others I find.

Im talking about whether the gas/plumber person in question did actually cause 2 serious gas leaks.

Is that actually for real or is that Bord Gais scare mongering???

Hense me asking the queastion.

Im talking about whether the gas/plumber person in question did actually cause 2 serious gas leaks.

With the amount of meter tampering that goes on what do you think the chances are of finding just 2 leaks?

I am often accused of scare mongering:eek: but I find it's difficult to explain the dangers of gas to people who haven't had my experiences. To answer my own question it wouldn't be difficult to find leaks where fruitloops have been messing so the chances are BG are telling the truth, either either for safety sake I would presume they are telling the truth.

Apologies spireland

No problem there... dont be worrying

Maybe you could open/post a new thread on this matter??:D

Oh and appoligies to the OP.:)

No problem with me work away

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭kanji

Considering I've heard talks of going after tamperers for reckless endangerment, I'd say that isn't bull

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Over the last year we (and other lads) have had a couple call outs to boilers not working to find the gas meter gone missing.
    The theory goes that there is someone swapping out pre-pay meters for stolen standard meters on the basis that the pre pay address is not checked for meter readings, with the result of free gas at the pre-pay address.
    They take the lot, leaving the supply valve off, but the pipe is left un-capped.
    The last time when we rang BG about one, the girl on the phone said it was happening quite a bit.
    Moronic and Dangerous.

Advertisement