Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water coming up through floor in hall when bath is emptied

Options
  • 05-07-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

HI folks

hoping someone can help

for the last few weeks when ever i empty the bath on a ground floor duplex in the hallway just out side water is coming up through the floor boards. im clueless with this stuff so i was wondering could any one tell me if it sounds like a pipe and the ground will have to ripped up?

not sure what caused it i did have a problem with the sink not draining so i got some drain cleaner and it seemed to happen around the time i done this. Could that have caused it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't tell you what caused it but can tell you that only way to find out is probably to dig up where the water is coming out of the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

Hi there More than likely the waste pipe runs from the bath into the hall way and outside after that.. id say there is a connection was made under the flooring and has come loose. ( should of been glued).... depending on your flooring it should be an easy fix.. bigger problem is your floor is probably ruined now because of the water... hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dssherwin

thanks for the quick reply folks. not what i wanted to here but thought i would. guess the floor boards are coming up tomorrow and ill go from there. hopefully i can find the point it comes through so not much work is needed. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

no worries good luck

Advertisement