Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac: HD could not be verified.

• 02-07-2014 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Not very familiar with MAC issues.

13" MacBook Pro. - Powers on, -> Apple Logo+Chimes -> Bar @ bottom moves a little for 1 or 2 secs -> Wheel whirs around for about 10/15 secs then switches off.

Got to boot to cmd, command -S, and ran /sbin/fsck -fy

Returned 'HD could not be verified'

Is the hard drive banjaxed?

Previouly had booted it using Linux on Hirren boot cd, could only mount the exteral HDD that I'd attached to save anythig I could find on the internal HDD

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sounds like either a dead hard disk, dead controller or faulty cable to me. Will move it over to the Mac forum for you where you should get a better response

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Could be a damaged partition.

Are you able to back up the mac before wiping it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Firblog

Used linuxreader program from mini win7 - hirren boot cd 15 - to save the files onto ext hdd.

Re-installed the O/S then and all ok since.

Advertisement