Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learning the flute

• 12-04-2012 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I love the sound of these, and would love to learn how to play. I can already play a few instruments, so I hope the learning curve will be a little smoother, as a consequence. Anyway, I would like to buy one and get lessons, but need advice on both. Anyone play the flute?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

You may have better luck trying here:Music Instruments Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

You may have better luck trying here:Music Instruments Forum

Thanks. No musicians here, though? The instruments forums seems to be specifically about the instruments, rather than the playing of them. Does the topic of learning to play one fall between the cracks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Thanks. No musicians here, though? The instruments forums seems to be specifically about the instruments, rather than the playing of them. Does the topic of learning to play one fall between the cracks?

Instruments>playing and techniques and theory

Topics here are mostly about arguing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lazerwolf

You could ask a University Flute teacher for lessons. The learning curve to learn flute should be faster since you have already played other instruments. However, it does take some time initially to get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jojonotes

Hi,

I am a qualified teacher and flute player, and I can advise you with buying a beginner's flute - the Yamaha for about 100 is normally a good start, cheap and easy to play. You can invest in something with a better sound but if you don't end up committing to it, you take the risk.

I am based in Cork, where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

After three years, let's hope the OP got sorted. jojonotes, do not try to get clients on here. If you'd like to advertise lessons, please use www.adverts.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement